Viewing 15 posts - 8,026 through 8,040 (of 59,098 total)
If I had to do this on a regular basis and couldn't simply do a restore (because of PII of the data simply being too large for a Dev environment,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 6:12 pm
My apologies. You're correct. You didn't mention Excel anywhere. My old sometimes caffeine deprived eyes misread it that way.
Going back to the beginning, you stated that the file had both...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 6:05 pm
My apologies, Scott. I wasn't clear. In this particular case, I was referring mostly to solving the problem of having a column that identifies who did the update without the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Trying to get this thread back on track for your original question... is there an answer to my inquiry so we can get busy with answering your question with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:36 pm
Can confirm with Jeff, sorry if I sounded a bit salty up there 🙂
You have nothing to apologize about. I appreciated the humor about the # sign. I've never...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:33 pm
I've had to use "extension" tables here a few times too, for various reasons.
If you have an identity column present, do remember / be aware of the issues with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:19 pm
Thanks Neil,
I assumed this level of disdain, to those less experienced, had disappeared twenty years ago from technical forums - apparently not.
I will not be asking too many questions...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:12 pm
>> Why can I not create a new column and add 90 days to the date in column P_INDATE in MS SQL Server? <<
Why don't you put this computation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 5:07 am
Ah... and just noticed... you said your boss is using the import EXCEL wizard in your last post, which is different than your first post. Which is it??? EXCEL or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:45 am
What you have posted in the image of your original post should do it. I'm kind of confused, though. You were right there or you wouldn't have been able to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:43 am
I'll be back.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 30, 2019 at 4:01 am
If you're absolutely positive that 90 days will always be the magic number, you could make a computed column that would auto-magically populate the column for you?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 29, 2019 at 8:45 pm
How in SSMS is he importing the data? BULK INSERT or something from the menu?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 29, 2019 at 8:42 pm
Oh no... not to worry. I got "the jest" of it. 😀 That's why the smiley faces.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 29, 2019 at 8:39 pm
You said cursor, wash your mouth out and say three Hail Marys to repent :-/
😀 😀 😀
Agreed. Unless the list of stored procedures was in flux and needed to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 29, 2019 at 5:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 8,026 through 8,040 (of 59,098 total)