Viewing 15 posts - 7,771 through 7,785 (of 59,098 total)
Just a bit of caution for people reading this... if your DATETIME column only contains whole dates (no times) and you tell it to search for a date with no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2020 at 1:51 am
BTW... You already know this but you didn't write it quite right in the article. To determine the max number of iterations in a binary search, you have to do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 15, 2020 at 12:01 am
You can do this with no chance of deadlocks nor even blocking AND the total "offline" time will be measured in milliseconds.
You're replacing the entire table each time. So... create...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2020 at 3:49 pm
5 Stars for realizing that you were stuck in a box and then for thinking outside the box. I wonder how many people would have actually thought of using a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2020 at 1:51 pm
I followed the advice Sue had given, I read the document she provided the link to and setup the link server, I can query the as400 tables as I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 14, 2020 at 12:38 am
I can recommend a standing desk.
Ummm... ok... why does your desk need exercise? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 10:57 pm
Heh... I can keep up with most folks... it's why I bought a 4 wheel drive truck with a V-8 and cup holders. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 10:56 pm
##csvtemp only contains 6 lines.. so it is not big...
set @sql = 'bcp "SELECT Col1,Col2,Col3,Col4,Col5,Col6,Col7,Col8,Col9,Col10,Col11,Col12,Col13,Col14,Col15,Col16,Col17,Col18,Col19,Col20,Col21,Col22 FROM ##csvtemp" queryout '+@processedFolderLocation+'/"'+@csvFileName+'" -c -d ' + DB_NAME() + ' -t, -S '+...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 10:50 pm
thanks alot 🙂
It worked 🙂
Excellent. My next question would be... why are you denormalizing/duplicating data? For that matter, why does the INFO table have a DOB column to begin...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 10:08 pm
geek12 wrote:Would appreciate more advices 😉
A post on twitter is called a "tweet".
A user of the service is called a "twit".
Using the service while at work is called "twerking".
BWAAAAA-HAAA-HAAA!!!! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 10:02 pm
I GOT IT, I figured it out, Thank you very much, I am very appreciative for your assistance.
That's nice. Would you mind sharing what you did... maybe even as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 9:55 pm
Hold the phone here... inserting 5000, 10000, 15000 rows isn't a large, time consuming task for SQL Server. Why do you think you need to "chunk" the data in this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 4:09 pm
Hi sschasing, I doing a few inserts first, and then a larger conversation starts from source to target. I thought it may be simple to do a few inserts...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 2:50 pm
That is a scary thought to most people. Change!
I wonder how many people actually fear change? I don't fear change for the better. I don't believe anyone actually does. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 3:10 am
My question would be... how would you be accessing the documents and what would be the search criteria for finding a given document? Also, are you going to be searching...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 2:48 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,771 through 7,785 (of 59,098 total)