Viewing 15 posts - 7,786 through 7,800 (of 59,098 total)
If you're doing an insert where you don't want the constraints checked, you can script out the constraints on the table, then drop them, do the import, then add...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 2:12 am
Hold the phone on that... consider the following graphic from your original post...
According to that graphic, your first database is 2.5 TERA-Bytes...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2020 at 1:53 am
I agree with everything you said but, with all the really cool stuff that's been built into SQL Server in the last 8 years, couldn't you have cited...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2020 at 3:42 pm
I agree with everything you said but, with all the really cool stuff that's been built into SQL Server in the last 8 years, couldn't you have cited a better...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2020 at 3:17 am
May I ask why you are using CTEs in this manner when you could just use the tables themselves?
That was going to be my exact question.... or is this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 11, 2020 at 3:13 am
Hi
is there a way to identify empty columns.
I'm going through a new database right now and dropping columns that have never been used.
I've been generating SQL statements to get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2020 at 3:13 pm
You can get information of the DBCC executions by querying the default trace file for the Audit DBCC Event. It will have login, host name, application name, etc.
Sue
Just a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2020 at 1:52 pm
Yes, a Deep Dive thread!
Do you can also comment of PAD_INDEX settings in this all POC discussion? Currently in either fill factor settings your script is setting PAD_INDEX=OFF .
And...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 10, 2020 at 1:44 pm
I'm thinking that it should be the other way around... an SQL Server Agent job should be calling the PowerShell.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 9, 2020 at 8:46 pm
p.s. Remember that the COPY command does NOT require you to provide a file name for the target. You only need to provide it with a directory name and it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 8:04 pm
With the understanding that I kept it super simple for understanding and haven't parameterized some of the things that could/should be, here's how to pull the full path name for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 7:58 pm
I was trying to copy the data from one column to another and then add X in front of it
Thanks a lot 🙂
I managed to do it with your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 7:11 pm
Yes, the OP should be doing that but you also presumed that the OP knows how to convert the data to a normalized form. In order for the OP to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 4:31 pm
Ah... finally found this post again. Like I said on my last, is there any chance at of of you attaching the first 10 or so line of one of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 6:45 am
>>
SELECT rm_id FROM Foobar
EXCEPT
SELECT rm_id FROM Vague_Relationships;
Since I DID provide the DDL and a substantial amount of readily-consumable data for anyone (including you) to test with, you should get...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 7, 2020 at 5:54 am
Viewing 15 posts - 7,786 through 7,800 (of 59,098 total)