Viewing 15 posts - 7,516 through 7,530 (of 59,098 total)
Afaik and imo there are no pros only cons. There is no such thing as a "gap" in a primary key because 'unit consistency' is not a necessary attribute. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 3:43 pm
Grant - just reading your wordpress blog - it strikes me that I'm missing some skills in monitoring SSRS and SSIS using XE... might be a nice topic
we all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 3:33 pm
LOL, I'm fairly clean when I cook, washing pots and dishes while I can. I like to have things relatively clean and neat when I'm done.
Now my FIL, I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 3:28 pm
There's really no difference for me. It's all kind of like the cartoon at the following link except I have a white beard. 😀
http://www.commitstrip.com/en/2020/03/19/stay-at-home/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Shifting gears a bit, today's editorial on Routine has a broken discussion link. The editorial is all about the changes people are having to make because of recent world events. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 2:29 pm
Since the code came out all on one line, please consider resubmitted where the code looks more normal. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 2:16 pm
It's a little spooky that about half the people that have answered so far have gotten this one wrong. Not because it's partitioning but because people won't take the time...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 2:12 pm
How is the performance for a large data set?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 12:57 pm
Interesting... thanks, Frederico.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 3:50 am
I'm not sure how the use of CDC will help you replicate to Oracle.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2020 at 12:43 am
Post removed... I misread the code. See Jacob's post below.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2020 at 8:43 pm
Do a BCP out to a file and have Oracle import it (I can't remember the name of the built in tool on the Oracle side). The last...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2020 at 9:25 pm
I recommend that you onvert that spreadsheet to actual INSERTs to a table to help us help you. Please see the first link in my signature line below for details.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2020 at 9:22 pm
Thank you Frederico.
Completely agreed with that view will be the issue as joining multiple tables and using some function which slows down the process.
But didn't not much fully understood...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2020 at 9:08 pm
downloading the plan from the link does have all the info as far as I can see, including predicates.
That would explain it... I didn't download the plan.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2020 at 8:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,516 through 7,530 (of 59,098 total)