Viewing 15 posts - 7,411 through 7,425 (of 59,098 total)
Seems crazy to me. Just out of curiosity, have you tried using the old cardinality estimator settings? You may have found a genuine bug with the new one.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 9:43 pm
Lordy, no. That's one of the slowest methods possible. I'll be back to prove it. Just don't use FORMAT!
Jeff, maybe so, maybe so. It appears the OP's doing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 9:36 pm
Using FORMAT is the slowest method even for something this simple. Even STR, which is pretty bad, isn't nearly as bad (except that it will silently truncate and right pad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 8:56 pm
scdecade: that worked
select format(cast(@qtramt1 as bigint), 'd14');
Thank you
Lordy, no (Sorry, scdecade). That's one of the slowest methods possible. I'll be back to prove it. Just don't use FORMAT!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 8:36 pm
I am getting the same output with this query
Select convert(date,saledate),sum(saleprice) from Data.SalesbyCountry
where convert(date,saledate) = eomonth(saledate) and year(saledate)='2016'
group by convert(date,saledate)Am I missing something ???
Yes, Sir. You're missing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 3:47 pm
Ok, with that being said, you could home-grow a solution pretty easily but take a look at "System-Versioned Temporal Tables" in SQL Server. I think that might be what you're...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 3:10 pm
Is the original value of @qtramt1 = 94500 ??? Just making sure.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 2:59 pm
Thanks for the feedback. How did you load the polygon information for the test. I'm not so familiar with it and it seems like it only takes literal strings and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 2:38 pm
BWAAA-HAAA!!! Whew! I feel much better about what you're doing now. Thanks for the feedback, Albert.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 3, 2020 at 2:34 pm
It resides in a table, I really done want to do isnull() on all fields but if i have to?
The reason why I asked what you're doing the conversion...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 4:51 pm
I have some data that i have no control over (third party supplying the data). I am extracting it to a CSV but the end user does not want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 3:28 pm
This is old but Maybe it will help someone. I had the same issue, a ghost clean up spid was blocking backup jobs and checkpoints at times. When I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 3:25 pm
In users I have two fields: name which is primary key and password.
You may have a much larger issue on your hands. Are the passwords in clear text or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 3:22 pm
I wonder how you got a "Jeff Query" out of this thread. I don't have any code posted. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 3:01 pm
Unfortunately, they'd probably say the same things they said on the CONNECT site for years and years and they are now saying on the FEEDBACK site. "Works as designed" or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2020 at 2:57 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,411 through 7,425 (of 59,098 total)