Viewing 15 posts - 7,366 through 7,380 (of 59,098 total)
oh well.
Should I not even bother compressing non-clustered indexes?
what if my table does not have clustered indexes? it only has a composite primary key, non-clustered. And a dozen of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 11:08 pm
I can't comment much about your good article other than it seems well laid out and produces the correct order of revelation. So nice job there.
I'll also state that I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 9:12 pm
I have a tip... Download the Developer's Edition of T-SQL, a copy of SQL Server "Books Online", and start teaching yourself more about SQL Server so that when you do...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 4:16 pm
What would be more interesting is what the CLR assemblies actually do. A lot of people resort to CLR simply because they don't know how to do something in T-SQL. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 4:05 pm
I'm trying to set up a format file using bcp but I'm unsure of how to set it up.
I used "bcp de_identified.dbo.test format -c -t -f c:\sql\test3.fmt -T" and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 4:02 pm
A trillion row table and you folks have no previous experience with partitioning. My recommendation is that you don't try this on your own. Get a consultant that really knows...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 3:29 pm
Thank you all!
I have asked and they are sorting it out 🙂
Excellent! I have found that "The answer is always 'NO'... unless you ask". 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 3:17 pm
In what table design/scenarios should I prefer a Row level compression and not Page level?
Like if we were to name one major advantage of one over another, and possibly...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 3:14 pm
THANKS!
Question: can there be any reason that an error will be thrown while attempting to compress the table? Like what should be 'wrong' with table to cause the compression...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 7, 2020 at 5:22 am
I'm sorry... I forgot to add that you can get the fnTally function from the similarly named link in my signature lines below.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 9:26 pm
That's a little different. I thought you said random "values", not "strings". Of course, you could convert the following to strings.
--===== Create the list of the first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 6:54 pm
Hi all,
My need is to insert random value from predefined list of possible values. It's data obfuscation project, thus no strict rules what value should be, rather it should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 6:36 pm
You need to contact the people in charge of providing the necessary permissions.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 3:11 pm
Your indexes on the temp tables are still incorrect. You're joining them by ID, not col1 and col2. And, they should be Clustered Indexes. At least that's why I see...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:59 pm
Have you ever tried to shoot an arrow through the hole of a donut rolling down a hill from a quarter mile away? That's how I'm starting to feel with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:34 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,366 through 7,380 (of 59,098 total)