Viewing 15 posts - 7,381 through 7,395 (of 59,098 total)
No but, if you're having difficulties, I've tested the following link and it works although I've not actually attempted a download from that page.
https://www.powershellgallery.com/packages/dbatools/1.0.104
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:24 pm
The table contains error message numbers and the description, which is the text of the error message from the sys.messages catalog view. Where applicable, the error number is a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:14 pm
Ok. That's a bit different than what you originally posted and I somewhat agree with the premise (it's called "Divide'n'Conquer"), although I question why even with a 100 million rows,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:06 pm
I can only imagine that someone is starting an explicit transaction in the code and then using a mixed bag of SELECT, UPDATE, and possibly INSERT. The only thing I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:06 am
I can think of one possible reason but let me ask you... why has someone made the code so that it first populates and interim "process" table only to turn...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 2:01 am
Just to make one clarification....
Nothing... I mean ABSOLUTELY NOTHING gets done by me until I have that first cup o' Joe. 😀 Even my servers understand that. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 6, 2020 at 1:32 am
Ok... that explains why Bill's good code worked. Thanks for coming back with that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 7:10 pm
Hi Jeff, The second code option works exactly as I need it. I Saw Bill's first which also works so I marked that as the answer but wanted to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 6:10 pm
THANKS!
Question: can there be any reason that an error will be thrown while attempting to compress the table? Like what should be 'wrong' with table to cause the compression...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 3:58 pm
Thank you for your feedback, appreciate your valuable time, skills and know ledges. Do you agree if we have more than 5 millions rows in source table, we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 3:37 pm
Here's the test data using the "old fashioned" way that works in all versions of SQL Server since at least 6.5.
--===== Create the test table from what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 3:28 pm
Is it really SQL 7, 2000 you are using?
@tpd1989 ,
This is the KEY question on this thread. Please confirm that you are actually using SQL 7 or 2000 or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 2:38 pm
Neither CROSS APPLY nor the multiline version of VALUES is available in 7/2000.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 2:33 pm
THANKS!
Question: can there be any reason that an error will be thrown while attempting to compress the table? Like what should be 'wrong' with table to cause the compression...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 5, 2020 at 1:07 pm
We might even be able to save those 4 extra characters - depending on the source data. If we know for sure that we have a minimum length of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 4, 2020 at 9:38 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 7,381 through 7,395 (of 59,098 total)