Viewing 15 posts - 5,911 through 5,925 (of 59,098 total)
You have some values that have leading zeros. Must the leading zeros be preserved? If so, then not all of the columns are actually INTs as you said. Let me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 10:31 pm
I am using SQL Server 2008 R2 version. Is there any method to store decimal value in SQL without extra trailing zeros(like Float data type format). I have created...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 10:12 pm
I was too enthousiastic. What I did was I only took the 7 character long records (WHERE LEN(column1)=7) and then applied the LEFT functions as indicatde above. But, apparently,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 10:09 pm
@ Jeff Moden,
It concerns the hierchy as described in https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatomical_Therapeutic_Chemical_Classification_System
Now, this said, what I want to achieve is to have a Dimension which contains all hierarchies, and a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 10:07 pm
I guess I'm an odd ol' duck. I don't need or even want F2F interaction with humans unless it's on a pool table in my favorite bar and that's not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 9:53 pm
This has less overhead...
Just curious, Scott... how are you measuring "overhead" for this?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 4:45 pm
SELECT * FROM [Staging].[3NF_ATCCOLLECTION] ATC WHERE ATC.[ATC_KEY] LIKE '[a-z]' OR ATC.[ATC_KEY] LIKE '[a-z][0-9][0-9]' OR ATC.[ATC_KEY] LIKE '[a-z][0-9][0-9][a-z]' OR ATC.[ATC_KEY] LIKE '[a-z][0-9][0-9][a-z][a-z]' OR ATC.[ATC_KEY] LIKE '[a-z][0-9][0-9][a-z][a-z][0-9][0-9]' ORDER BY ATC.[ATC_KEY]
This results...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 14, 2020 at 3:56 am
abridged version of what I need
I'd recommend sharing what the unabridged version is because it will be in even more of a need of speed and a While loop...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2020 at 5:39 am
The standard pattern uses 0 as the base, not 1 or -1 or some other "cute" trick.
No sir... There are a couple of "standards". The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2020 at 5:01 am
Hi, I need to build a hierachy multi-column table based on data in 1 column where the length of the string determines in which column the string must be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2020 at 4:56 am
Ahoi,
i have a set of 7 int columns in a table.
My goal is im trying to create a unique key/integer for each possible combination of these 7 by merging...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 13, 2020 at 4:51 am
ORDER BY is never needed, in the sense that it's irrelevant to whether SQL uses minimal logging or not. Therefore, the code doesn't need it for "safety". And it's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2020 at 9:29 pm
hello
How would you combine the results from two or more columns for the same unique customer #? Example Table: customer | message 1 | some text 1 | even...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2020 at 8:37 pm
Agreed, so let's not even get into how badly they mangled the date functions 🙂
Or the "newer" temporal datatypes themselves. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2020 at 6:37 pm
Why is there no BOMONTH to go along with EOMONTH? Imo it's because DATEFROMPARTS already exists and BOMONTH would just be a special case of that function and therefore...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 12, 2020 at 6:26 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 5,911 through 5,925 (of 59,098 total)