Viewing 15 posts - 55,951 through 55,965 (of 59,098 total)
Doh! Came up as an "active" thread and didn't even think of checking the original date
... thanks for the heads up, Ken .
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 4:44 pm
Heh... no worries... I've done the same thing when I got in a hurry
I even mispelled "RAND" in my first post...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 7:41 am
You need to have another look there fella... I DID use NEWID() in my code... you didn't in your test. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 7:28 am
Then, you're kinda screwed so far as BCP goes unless you want to violate Microsoft Licensing (which I DON'T recommend). Even with MSDE (which contains a copy of BCP), the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 7:24 am
Heh... you just got control of the situation and now you're going to "have some way for the developers to move approved code in when it is ready."??? 
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 7:14 am
That green code is sure hard to read, Lowell...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 7:03 am
Like I said... just run BCP from the server pointing at the client using UNCs.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:35 am
Heh... Gail, I'd love it if you could work for us... I'm just not the one doing the hiring.
Trust me on this, though... we have to constantly hit our developers...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:25 am
Concur... mouse movements at 2AM are much more harmful to the mind than the body... I'd really like to see an article about being in the expert in the hot...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:17 am
A bit disappointed in the commercialism used in the article... while the tool is powerful, it does not teach how to write SQL fast... and writing SQL fast is normally...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:09 am
This isn't Oracle... stop using cursors.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:04 am
Any feedback, Stephen?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:02 am
Like Remi says... why use a
cursor???
UPDATE TABLE_1
SET Rnd = RAND(CAST(NEWID() AS VARBINARY)) * 10000000000000
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 2, 2007 at 12:01 am
Any feedback, Anders?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 1, 2007 at 11:52 pm
Amrita?
I just love it when the OP doesn't respond... stab'n'grab. ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 1, 2007 at 11:48 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,951 through 55,965 (of 59,098 total)