Viewing 15 posts - 55,756 through 55,770 (of 59,098 total)
You're welcome, but we sure would like to know what you want done if the entry contains all zeros ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:42 pm
Just for giggles, I'd still like to know what the SN columns are for... what are they?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:39 pm
Crud, you're right, my bad...Thanks, Michaeal. Except should be this because, as you said, Peter's algo returns +/- 5...
UPDATE ValueDetails
SET AVM = AVMValue * (1+(ABS(CHECKSUM(NEWID()))%11-5)*.01)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:32 pm
I'm thinking that I'd follow Mark's suggestion about staying away from BCP and xp_CmdShell for a Web app... too many complications... too many security risks.
I'd be tempted to write something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:23 pm
Thanks for the great feedback Georgio and Carlos.
Do look at Serqiy's post, again... as he says, these types of tables provide for some great flexibility, but at a potentially serious...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:03 pm
Of course, I may need to retrieve all customer records having FIELD_NUMBER = 2 AND FIELD_VALUE =... |
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 10:21 pm
If the names aren't supposed to mean anything to do with the database, I think you're on the right track... of course, you could also name them DB0001, DB0002,... etc. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 9:10 pm
Post the SQL that you would use to select the data to export, please... no conversions, no CSV attempts... just the query to select the data you want to export...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 9:03 pm
Ok... I made a spreadsheet that looked like this...
col1 |
col2
col3
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 8:56 pm
Ok... you've got a good example... just change it ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 8:12 pm
LOL... yeup... been in that same spot once or twice myself. Anyway, thanks for getting back to me.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 7:58 pm
Heh... I was trying to think of a way to prove some of the bad experiences I've had with some programmers using UDF's for everything... then I checked my email...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 7:45 pm
I've not had to work with Accent words so I'm not 100% sure... if I remember correctly, though, take a look at "Collation" in Books Online... seems like I remember...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 7:27 pm
Not to worry... considering the situation you said you're in, I absolutely don't blame you especially in the absence of anything else in my rather one-sided first post. I'm in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 7:20 pm
Ok, folks... I don't get it... why does everyone keep adding when they should be multiplying???
Using Peter's modified algo which returns .95...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 18, 2007 at 6:53 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,756 through 55,770 (of 59,098 total)