Viewing 15 posts - 55,741 through 55,755 (of 59,098 total)
Ali... this is the 3rd formum you've posted this same question on here at SQLServerCentral... you'll find that it makes folks pretty mad for a lot of reasons and I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 9:06 pm
Heh... I'd like to know why a "user" is allowed to create anything in a database, especially views.
Improperly written views can bog...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:57 pm
Ummm... could you use a trigger in such a case? Or would the trigger hang until the job was complete? Asking 'cause I don't know much about 2k5... stuck in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:53 pm
Duplicate post...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/forums/shwmessage.aspx?forumid=145&messageid=383148
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:49 pm
Ali,
When you say "flat file", do you mean all of the rows have a "fixed field length"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:29 pm
I always try to start with Books Online... if you check the index for "cross-tab reports", you'll come up with a pretty decent explanation and some examples.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:17 pm
Oh bother... all of us missed it
... see anything out of place here, folks???
alter PROCEDURE INSERTTEST2 ( @FILEPATH NVARCHAR(50))
AS
DECLARE @cmd...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 8:06 pm
Oh no... wasn't referring to your post... I understood what you meant and I think the OP did, too. I think the OP thought Remi might have been a little...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 7:47 pm
Ali,
What is the record format for the flat-file you are trying to import?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 7:41 pm
Apolgies for my buds... they're of the same ilk as I... we come here because it's usually a safe place to go without much advertising and virtually no spam. And,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 7:33 pm
Oh yeah... almost forgot... if the file extension is "CSV", you may be able to import the data directly using the methods shown without ever going through Excel provided that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 7:22 pm
Ok... I've got the simple fix... you have to change the way you are exporting the data. Because all of the data is in a single column and it contains...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 7:20 pm
Heh... I made a spreadsheet with all of the data in one column and exported it as a TEXT (OS/2 or MS-DOS) file, and lo-and-behold! Guess what I got? --Jeff Moden Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.
Helpful Links:
How to post code problems
How to Post Performance Problems
Create a Tally Function (fnTally)
July 19, 2007 at 6:01 pm
Ah... now I understand... lemme see what I can do...
By the way... what is the "extension" used on the filenames you are receiving???
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:54 pm
Sure... I always start with Books Online and go from there... lookup "indexes, designing" in Books Online to start with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
July 19, 2007 at 5:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 55,741 through 55,755 (of 59,098 total)