Viewing 15 posts - 54,916 through 54,930 (of 59,098 total)
I absolutely agree! Tell the Developers "Thank You"! This makes life a lot easier for us!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 9:35 am
There are two different strategies... one is the system... cache, I/O, memory, load balancing, splitting TempDB for each CPU, etc, etc, ad nausium.
The other is the techniques used in the actual queries...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 9:27 am
Ninja's_RGR'us (9/24/2007)
As I said, while IT DOESN'T help for this case... that function has a lot of good info...:).
Ah... got it... thought you'd stumbled into something cool. Thanks, Remi.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 9:02 am
noeld (9/24/2007)
Honestly I don't understand how much faster do you get when BOL has the "return type" and is very easy to bookmark/use 😉
Yup... I agree... said something similar above.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 9:01 am
I just check the posts that have changed...
How do you do that? That would be most useful to me...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 8:58 am
... or ...
"The answer is always 'NO' unless you ask" 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 8:28 am
Which property of COLUMN_PROPERTY do you ask for to determine the datatype of a column and how do you use it on a system function like @@ServerName?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 8:21 am
Heh... you mean other than hiring someone who actually "knows" SQL? (Just having a bit of fun, Kenneth 😉 )
There are a couple of dozen articles on this forum about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 8:15 am
Heh... I was mostly referring to the entire process. For example, If headers are present in the data, they must have the same number of delimiters as the data or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 8:10 am
YEE-HAH! Now THAT's what I'm talking about... just received the new email response and it's a beautiful thing! They look like this now and it's perfect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 7:51 am
I'll second that... due to a 3rd party bit of software :alien:, we have hundreds of "usage" databases on one server... they all talk fine with each other with no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 7:41 am
Mr. Cranky Poopy Pants? Well, that "depends"... 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 7:36 am
Heh... If you couldn't tell, I was ticked about this particular problem a wee bit more than the others 😀 Ol' dogs CAN learn new tricks... we're just tired of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 7:18 am
Muhammad Furqan (22/09/2007)
randomdata;10/10/2007;randomdata;randomdata;
Column1;Column3;Column5;Column4;Column2;
jk adkshfjhjkfhsajkfh sda;sdfs dfasdfsda;fsdaf sadfadsfsda;
dsf;sdf;sdf;sdfds;sdfsd;
So, here is the description.
First line, i dont want it to be in the table, but contains date that i want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 10:28 am
Sounds a whole lot like interview or homework questions... would have loved to see the reply... "What have YOU tried?" 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 10:16 am
Viewing 15 posts - 54,916 through 54,930 (of 59,098 total)