Viewing 15 posts - 54,901 through 54,915 (of 59,098 total)
p.s. The best way to fix this is to pummel the vendor providing the data into submitting properly formatted data. The first row should be in a separate "control" file...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 2:25 am
Victoria,
The fastest way to do this is to build a BCP format file and then use Bulk Insert to import the data into a table. Of course, all that information...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 2:22 am
And, how do you do THAT? :Whistling:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 1:55 am
Heh... let's see your "low knowledge" do it 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 1:45 am
Yeaup... quite the mess.
This could be done all in T-SQL by importing the whole row into a wide column and doing a split (using a function or some clever code)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 1:36 am
Sorry,
Was reviewing old PM's and came across this link. Here's a split function that has no loops... the details, as always, are in the comments...
drop FUNCTION dbo.fnTSplit
go
CREATE FUNCTION dbo.fnTSplit
/***************************************************************************************************
Purpose:
Split a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 1:13 am
I'm working on fixing that little problem... I had 84 PM's... when they shifted to the new system, the limit became 50. I'm working out how to download them (I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 12:31 am
Where are you getting the CDR's from? Most CDR's include the CallStartTime as both Date and Time. And, the call duration is almost always listed in seconds. To get the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 12:27 am
If you treat Excel like any other application, and you should, you'll soon realize that the best way to do this is to write a little VBS to push the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 12:17 am
I'm thinking that Remi thought you were going to move the triggers that did the insert/update on table B to table B... and that's not what you intend...
Of course, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 12:12 am
Heh... lemme change my stance on this subject ...
I pretty sure there's something built in ... 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2007 at 12:00 am
I, too, like "auto-subscribe". I'd rather manually "unsubscribe" on something...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 4:47 pm
Sergiy (9/24/2007)
Can you post DDL for your "many tables" to give us an idea what is it about.
And post one of your triggers. I'm...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 4:38 pm
David (9/24/2007)
Dude (Jeff), you are so smart!!
Heh... thanks for the compliment, David... but Serqiy is correct... did it work and did it speed things up for you?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 4:29 pm
Lowell... if you're not talking about the RSS feeds, what are you talking about and how do you do it? That would be great if I knew how...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 24, 2007 at 9:37 am
Viewing 15 posts - 54,901 through 54,915 (of 59,098 total)