Viewing 15 posts - 54,931 through 54,945 (of 59,098 total)
...And, BULK INSERT, even with the use of a format file, even beats BCP. That's because BULK INSERT is a wee bit less functional than BCP... for example, BULK INSERT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 10:09 am
Now... THAT I agree with! 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 9:38 am
If you're using windows authentication, then have the domain admins create a windows group for the developers and grant that access to SQL.
Yeah... just not for access to the Production...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 8:59 am
Ya know... I actually get this one... there's been a couple of times that I've had to lookup the datatype for SysName and @@ServerName and the like just because I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 8:51 am
No... sorry, I can't. I've never had to connect SQL Server to an AS 400...
Lookup "DTS Driver Support for Heterogeneous Data Types" in Books Online... I believe these would be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 8:41 am
There's a lot of things I don't like about the new site, to wit, reasons why I don't use other sites.
I've pretty much beat up on the "Recent Posts" and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 23, 2007 at 8:33 am
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 4:27 pm
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 4:23 pm
Great idea... but do you write production code the same way? :blink: No documentation, no formatting to speak of, no header?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 9:34 am
I frequently DO tell the vendor 😛 Many times, I'll find an alternate that does the job right and start migrating business from the uncooperative vendor. For sole source vendors, I teach...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 9:08 am
Maybe... but how ya gonna know about SOX violations if no one reviews the code? 😛
Bottom line is to protect the data and the server. Slow running code has the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 9:01 am
Sorry... my mistake... didn't read the reply well enough and this new system won't let me edit or delete my previous post...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 8:34 am
Shoot... that's not true in 2000... lookup "Creating a Partioned View" to see how to partition tables... :discuss:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 22, 2007 at 8:30 am
Great idea, George... just keep in mind that only works if you're calling BCP via xp_CmdShell in T-SQL or you have Windows Authentication enabled on the server... ![]()
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 21, 2007 at 8:25 pm
You bet... thanks for the feedback.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 21, 2007 at 8:24 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,931 through 54,945 (of 59,098 total)