No autosubscribe when I reply?

• Whenever I replied to a post, I always started to receive e-mail notifications whenever someone posted in that topic.

In the new design, this does not work anymore. I know how to subscribe manually, but I have to click it, select whether I want to recieve e-mail or not and confirm the choice (and, above all, I have to remember to do it)... well, you may say I'm spoiled, but I liked the original system of autosubscribing a lot more.

Maybe there is some setting that allows to define that I always want to receive notifications when someone posts in a topic I repled to, and I just overlooked it?

Or was this done on purpose, because someone complained he doesn't want to receive messages? I hope not... a possibility to set your own default in account settings would be nice.

• Haven't found a "default" setting yet. It may be there somewhere.

In the meantime, choose the applicable subscription option in the "Post Options" below the edit pane. Only take one click then 😉

--------------------
    Colt 45 - the original point and click interface

• Still looking. Need to make it an option if it isn't.

• I'll add my name to the list of those requesting this feature.  By default if I comment on a thread, I would like to subscribe to that thread.

Tim Mitchell, Microsoft Data Platform MVP
    Data Warehouse and ETL Consultant
    TimMitchell.net | @Tim_Mitchell | Tyleris.com
    ETL Best Practices

• I'll vote for that again here... just to be safe :).

• I've looked throughout the Account setup and I do not see that this has been made an option.  I too would like the autosubscribe functionality back.

John Rowan

======================================================
    ======================================================
    Forum Etiquette: How to post data/code on a forum to get the best help[/url] - by Jeff Moden

• I hate it, but added to the list and it's a debate item for the am 🙂

• I, too, like "auto-subscribe".  I'd rather manually "unsubscribe" on something...

--Jeff Moden

RBAR is pronounced "ree-bar" and is a "Modenism" for Row-By-Agonizing-Row.
    First step towards the paradigm shift of writing Set Based code:
    ________Stop thinking about what you want to do to a ROW... think, instead, of what you want to do to a COLUMN.

Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.

Helpful Links:
    How to post code problems
    How to Post Performance Problems
    Create a Tally Function (fnTally)

• Hence this needs to be an option in our profile... set to true by default ;).

Steve Jones - Editor (9/24/2007)

I hate it, but added to the list and it's a debate item for the am 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login to reply