Viewing 15 posts - 54,211 through 54,225 (of 59,098 total)
So, double check one more time...
All indexes (indluding primary keys) on the test box are also available on the production box.
All tables have the same row count on both boxes.
All...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 5:29 pm
You didn't listen to me... lookup "expanding hierarchies" in Books Online and adapt it. It WILL do as you ask.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 5:18 pm
Oh, little nuances like will there ever be more than 2 names in a class? If so, do all the scores have to be the same or just 2?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 9:16 am
Yes, there's an easy way to do the whole thing... without a loop. The loop is just going to make this very slow...
Recommend you post your code and let's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 6:55 am
And, to be sure, it DOES matter where you put the filters in the case of an OUTER JOIN.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 6:52 am
I think you're gonna need to be a bit more specific in your question... I for one, have no idea what your question is actually about.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 6:31 am
Activity counts, basically...
Something like 1 point per post, 1 or 2 points per script (not sure there), etc.
Notice that these are also migrated from the "old" format of the forum...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 6:29 am
I don't think so, but links are sometimes a bit picky. If you don't find any other problem, I think I'd set up a small test to make sure.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 11, 2007 at 5:44 am
Add an IDENTITY column to the table with the correct seed...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2007 at 12:15 pm
Heh... yeah, agreed... I've seen folks destroy production with an UPDATE as well... but it was never with the proper form of update (like Greg's is) which must be "If...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2007 at 8:22 am
Bob Fazio (11/2/2007)
I forgot to add.If you have several queries (which most people do) create an index based upon the more common set of those fields.
What...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2007 at 8:01 am
Thanks for the rowcount and line size... I've got an experiment or two to do... I'll be back...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 10, 2007 at 7:37 am
Matt Miller (11/9/2007)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2007 at 10:37 pm
I think you're going to find that the problem is a bad date in the Oracle view. Check for any dates there that are outside the range of '17530101'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2007 at 9:23 pm
Not true, Sergiy... and if you look, although it works, UPDATE tablealias isn't even listed in 2k BOL...
Syntax
UPDATE
{
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
November 9, 2007 at 5:55 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 54,211 through 54,225 (of 59,098 total)