Viewing 15 posts - 52,756 through 52,770 (of 59,098 total)
Whitt (1/23/2008)
Really sorry for the delay. I'm being shifted from fire to fire here. I haven't had time to run this as I've been moved to helping with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 8:31 pm
We'll I'll be... just tried the CTE equivelent of how I build Tally tables (NO, NO RECURSION PLEASE! 😛 ) on the same example data... it does surprisingly well! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 8:20 pm
I gotta agree with Kenneth... and, I'll throw in that CPU time matters as well. I thought the example code I posted that didn't use a Tally table would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:40 pm
Not only should you get the BIG Manager to put it in writing, but you should make a full backup of the 4 system databases, which includes the Master database,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 6:54 pm
don't really see the point of an unique index with ignore duplicates on. Am I missing something?
It's a cheater method for removing dupes during a Bulk Insert or BCP.
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 6:43 pm
It was, indeed, a good post!
Just an FYI... I'm not sure how to do it myself, but the hardware boys in our shop found out that the EMC Clarion is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 6:35 pm
djiang (1/23/2008)
I'm trying to insert a string into a temp table. For instance I want a nvarchar(4000) string
@Ids inserted as separte Ids in a All_id table.
The user can type...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 6:12 pm
From the description, the code looks correct... did you try it?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 4:40 pm
I guess I don't understand... if a conditional expression will always result in TRUE, why have the conditional expression to begin with? What am I missing here? Keep...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 4:29 pm
Nice reference link, Todd... thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:28 am
I was thinking the same thing... 😉
Also, Matt... your the Ninja on Regex... is there anyway to use Regex for such a thing as this import?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:26 am
Very cool... with your great instructions, I'll just bet I learn something new! Thanks, Adrian...
I'll bet the OP will like it, as well!
I'll still take a brute force...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:11 am
And, I haven't done the comparison lately, but I believe the first method I showed will be the pants off most outer join methods...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:06 am
Absolutely agree... if the numbers table is large enough... if it's not, then you can do something like the following...
... Also, in 2k5, you really don't need a recursive CTE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 7:04 am
Thanks for the feedback, Phil. Really appreciate your comments.
By the way (almost forgot)... they haven't fixed the code windows on this forum, yet. If you just copy and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
January 23, 2008 at 6:51 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,756 through 52,770 (of 59,098 total)