Viewing 15 posts - 52,576 through 52,590 (of 59,098 total)
Christopher Ford (2/13/2008)
I did mention fixing code in my post. But that's not what this topic was about. It...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 4:02 pm
Nuts,
I always like to see what people have up their sleeves for date and other utility tables... would you mind generating/posting the CREATE statement for your date table and maybe...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 3:39 pm
Heh... all of that good information to solve, what?... .5% of the total performance problem? The real problem associated with most performance problems has nothing to do with hardware...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 3:28 pm
Ya gotta learn to do it right, Matt... when you're running and screaming from his/her office, it's his/her hair that you're supposed to have a handful of... not your own...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 2:42 pm
Matt Miller (2/13/2008)
Say - you're not mixing cold meds and nicotine cessation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 2:40 pm
Christian Buettner (2/13/2008)
If I am not totally off the road, this should give a more even distribution of values than the checksum method.
Actually, Matt and I beat the daylights...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 2:35 pm
Heh... ya gotta admit, though... it was funny...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 12:13 pm
Sorry guys... didn't mean any offense... today's cold medicine still hasn't worn off and it came out all wrong 😛
I guess what I really wanna know from Stricknyn, is are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 12:08 pm
Chris,
Good one... Keep in mind that would be good for one row at a time (Rand is not random in a single query) and if the digit "0" were allowed......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 11:55 am
About this time, I'm thinking we stop fighting city hall on formats and let something else do the formatting for us... and much nicer than we can make in raw...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 11:25 am
Heh... I know how to solve all of this... put all data into a single Name/Value table... primary key will also be all foreign keys and covering indexes :P:):D:hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 11:22 am
Lowry Kozlowski (2/13/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 11:09 am
Cool... thanks for the feedback, Ian.
The way the standards were created is kind of interesting... after a year at my current company, I saw enough crap and ran...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 10:54 am
Matt... is that going to work in 2k?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 10:32 am
Grant Fritchey (2/13/2008)
Doesn't the fact that floats are imprecise estimates represent a pretty major possible problem in using them in financial calculations? At least that's what I've always been told....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 13, 2008 at 10:28 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,576 through 52,590 (of 59,098 total)