Viewing 15 posts - 52,591 through 52,605 (of 59,098 total)
Ian Crandell (1/9/2008)
Jeff Moden (1/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 10:27 pm
Heh... one of the many reasons I don't use DTS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 9:48 pm
I've used Money... I've used SmallMoney... I've even used Decimal... and they all failed the accuracy test when it came to things like mortgage calculations.
If all you're ever going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 9:42 pm
Yes... it does make a difference... about 21% without an order by and about 12% with an order by. But wait...
Heh... on a million rows of data with...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 9:18 pm
Nuts (2/12/2008)
That exactly what I wanted
Just curious... which way did you end up going exactly?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 8:38 pm
stricknyn (2/12/2008)
Seems like this should be pretty straight forward, but its not working. I'm trying to build a string with 7 characters from a random statement:
Declare @mn int
Declare @mx...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 8:36 pm
I'm confused... I believe the cross-join is to generate a million rows... not to generate the 7 digits. Perhaps I was looking at the wrong post. Which one...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 8:27 pm
Michael Valentine Jones (2/12/2008)
John Beggs (2/12/2008)
What boundary would you set...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:52 pm
Heh... proof again... performance is in the code... water cooled CPU's wouldn't have made that query run any faster.
Nice job, Matt.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:48 pm
Previews lie... not sure I'd take 100% stock in the preview any more than the trust I put in an estimated execution plan (which I don't trust at all ;)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:39 pm
Heh... correct... there's always that "one time" that justifies the cold water you have running through the garden hose to baseplate of the CPU in your server 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:36 pm
Lookup_BI (2/12/2008)
but despite many suggestions..My boss[:alien:] is still sticking with his decision.
Crud... I've been there and done that... having a boss that wears a big ol' chip on his shoulder...
Sure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:29 pm
Heh... perfect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 5:24 pm
Greg,
Would you post one of your emails that has the correct format, please? Be sure to use a code window (Click on "IFCode" in the menu of the edit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 4:53 pm
antonio.collins (2/12/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 12, 2008 at 9:58 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,591 through 52,605 (of 59,098 total)