Viewing 15 posts - 52,501 through 52,515 (of 59,098 total)
atarafder (2/17/2008)
Jeff, the requirement in my case is not to have contiguous ID's but to be 100% sure that there are no overlap of Id's between the two transactions.
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 12:23 pm
Thanks for the feedback and glad it suits your needs... now you know why I kept asking for more detail...
Folks, this is a perfect example of why I wrote the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:59 am
I don't know the differences between a Blackberry and a SmartPhone because I haven't had to carry either.
I with Johan, though... if you're gonna put a ball and chain on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:44 am
Never mind... I just had another cup of coffee...
Here's the untested answer...
--===== If the temp table exists, drop it
IF OBJECT_ID('TempDB..#tt_Mum','U') IS NOT NULL
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:31 am
ebuss_2004 (2/17/2008)
DECLARE
...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:25 am
Oh yeah... for those in the know... yes, I used a triangular join in a correlated sub-query... performance will be terrible compared to the "UPDATE" method I wrote about, but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:22 am
Ta-da! See how much easier that is for folks to work with. Thanks for taking the time to help us help you...
Here's the solution including the test setup...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 10:17 am
Now, we're cookin'... I'll be right back... 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 9:54 am
Ok... here's some extraordinary proof that supports what Itzek said...
First, I made a table in a nice safe place... TempDB... couldn't use a actual temp table because I wanted...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 9:49 am
Marios Philippopoulos (2/17/2008)
Another aspect of the IDENTITY property that can be considered a limitation...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 9:13 am
Yeaah... I'm going to spend my time reformatting your data...
This is what your text file looks like...
SalesDate StockCode costPrice SalesPrice SalesAmount Total ----------------------- -------------------------------------------------- ----------- ----------- ----------- ----------- 2008-01-01 00:00:00...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 9:03 am
How does one determine if a page split has occured during an update?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 8:43 am
erdem (2/17/2008)
Thank you very much for your replies...At least, you replied this question 🙂My final data report should include just six columns:
StockCode
SalesPrice1
SalesPrice2
.
.
SalesPrice5
That's all..
But, you didn't read my previous reply... you've...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 8:40 am
Hassie (2/17/2008)
Thanks alot - this did the job
You bet... Thanks for the feedback.
Just remember...if the count of rows for each group starts to grow, the performance will suffer greatly very...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 8:32 am
Peso (2/17/2008)
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1, Line 1Invalid object name 'New.AddAnnex'.
Doh!... Thanks for the correction, Peter... that's what I get for late night posting. I'll correct that post...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 17, 2008 at 8:24 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,501 through 52,515 (of 59,098 total)