Viewing 15 posts - 52,471 through 52,485 (of 59,098 total)
Christopher Ford (2/18/2008)
A multi-thread CLR?
Where the first query get the first half while the second query...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 9:26 am
Matt Miller (2/18/2008)
Jeff Moden (2/18/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 8:59 am
Ummm... all of that's fine, but it's all RBAR (see my tagline for the explanation).
I assume that you're just a bit new to this. What would be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 6:25 pm
First, I love your "handle"... "Ivana Noh"... that's outstanding. Someday, ya gotta tell me at least your first name.
Your observation is spot on... It would be MUCH better to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 6:16 pm
It seems to me that the real big difference between a mere table and an array, are the array indicies themselves... You know, the stuff where you can...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 6:03 pm
If there's no confidential info in the file, recommend you attach the file to a post and lets take a peak. Can't really tell, otherwise.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 5:56 pm
Heh... do be a bit careful... my questions, although certainly appropriate, are likely to be taken as a high insult. 😉 I know this because new vendors I try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 5:54 pm
I'll have to defer to someone else because I always end up using the BCP format file 😀
Hey folks, can anyone else help here? I don't use DTS for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 5:45 pm
Heh... the method certainly is useful for a lot of things that would otherwise require a cursor... and a heck of a lot faster, too!
Matt, that's perfect... the only thing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 5:15 pm
A proper format file using BCP will do... dunno if you can do that in DTS without writing some sort of script...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 4:25 pm
Wow... Outstanding job, Matt! Thanks for that!
I'm pretty tickled that one or the other of us can beat the CLR methods pretty much hands down on eveything except RegEx,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 1:03 pm
The fact that the UDF is taking longer than the embedded code is normal... there's a bit of an overhead associated with running UDF's in many cases especially when the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 12:51 pm
Cross post...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic457027-8-1.aspx?Update=1
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 12:49 pm
Why? That's as bad a double post. You're just gonna make people mad...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 12:48 pm
Good list, like everyone else said. Just no hair in the list...
I'd first ask them if they've actually tested their code on a 64 bit machine. I'd want...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 18, 2008 at 12:45 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,471 through 52,485 (of 59,098 total)