Viewing 15 posts - 52,456 through 52,470 (of 59,098 total)
trigonom (2/13/2008)
I am working in SQL Server 2000.For testing purposes, how can I limit the number of rows returned from a cursor?
You didn't answer the question that came up right...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 3:03 pm
Hmmm... I see what you want to do... this is just a small example... if you really want commas in your final output, see where I marked the code "Modify...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 3:00 pm
Christopher Ford (2/19/2008)
I had to run Jeff's running total update because I had 80 million rows to group by 1,928,672 different accounts over a 7 year...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 2:40 pm
Actually, Kevin, what you said is spot on... but they haven't figured out the rest of what you said, yet... when they do, Michigan will be a hot spot for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 11:43 am
Christopher Ford (2/19/2008)
Kinda like finding chicken's teeth and my chicken just flew away to a different state.
Eh.... What? :blink:
---
Frank & Kevin both bring up some very valid points though...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 11:33 am
TheSQLGuru (2/19/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 11:16 am
Heh... not quite that "whipped"... I've been offered the chance to do a remote thing... just not sure I want to... they pretty much put the screws to about 350...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 11:02 am
Sure, Bob... If you know how to use a format file, you're well ahead of the game...
Take a look at the example data you gave...
1234, "some data here", "John "jack"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 10:56 am
You bet, Sengar... thank you for the feedback.
It would be interesting to know, though... just why do you need to force a format of 2 decimal places with truncation instead...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 10:32 am
Try this... no "SA" privs required...
EXEC Master.dbo.xp_Dirtree 'C:\',1,1
... can be loaded into a table and filtered for use with something like BULK INSERT. Only advantage over what Doug posted...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 10:28 am
Now, that's the way I like to see an article... "Alice's Restaurant" style... full of actual tests with "circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 10:19 am
Heh... LMAO! Now that's funny, Chris! Ya know... I bet it would sell like hotcakes with a title like that!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 9:59 am
With some great mixed feelings, I won't be joining my outfit in NC... the love of my life for the last 22 years has followed me a couple of times......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 9:54 am
I have fooled around with some UDF replacements such as calculating
date ranges, .... and I've been amazed how fast this works on CLR.
I'd be real interested in knowing what kind...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 9:46 am
Christopher Ford (2/18/2008)
98% of the time, you wouldn't run into a situation where RowID 9876 is an earlier date...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 19, 2008 at 9:42 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,456 through 52,470 (of 59,098 total)