Viewing 15 posts - 52,381 through 52,395 (of 59,098 total)
No... I wouldn't use a CHAR(1) for this... if there are predetermined numeric codes, it's by design... perhaps a requirement for a different app. Having to translate meanings between...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2008 at 6:38 am
I know of no advantage... I did a test once on a 10 million row table where it seemed to run a couple ms faster without BEGIN/END... but nothing real...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2008 at 6:30 am
Yeaup... I agree... BCP will work, as well.
Big problem with both methods (xp_CmdShell/BCP and sp_OA*) is that they both require some extraordinary privs (SA) to execute. That's not necessarily...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2008 at 6:17 am
Andrew (2/25/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 25, 2008 at 6:07 am
None of your questions in the poll pertain to the actual use of nulls. Nulls simply mean "unknown". They are a powerful tool that are frequently misunderstood.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 9:59 pm
So... you know what to do, Loner... take control...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 9:26 pm
Loner (2/24/2008)
I feel liked I am doomed...
And, that is your ONLY problem... you must use your (if I may) God-gifted intelligence to overcome such problems and realize that you are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 9:23 am
You'll probably need to post the code for the s_tenuot_base_r stored procedure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 9:13 am
A fellow by the name of Napoleon Hill wrote a book called the "Law of Success" way back in the days of Ford, Firestone, Carnegie, and other giants . ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 9:09 am
Sure... it's all in Books Online (comes free with SQL Server).
Look in the index for "architecture [SQL Server]"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 8:39 am
matt stockham (2/23/2008)
I had a problem recently that a recompile alone couldn't help because the statistics were "flawed", and I ended up using a temp table to resolve it.
That's precisely...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 24, 2008 at 12:02 am
bosekolli (2/23/2008)
i have a table name emp with 10000 records and without identity column i want first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2008 at 11:17 pm
The info in the following article should do it for ya...
http://www.simple-talk.com/sql/t-sql-programming/sql-server-excel-workbench/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2008 at 11:09 pm
Marvin, that's just amazing to me... a data file that has more columns than rows... I don't believe I've ever seen such a thing except maybe for a single row...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2008 at 6:07 pm
Thanks, Johan,
I took a look at the forced parameterization thing... looks real spooky when they say things like it could slow down the whole world and use with great caution,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
February 23, 2008 at 5:16 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,381 through 52,395 (of 59,098 total)