Viewing 15 posts - 52,216 through 52,230 (of 59,098 total)
Fluctuations in connectivity or other network issue? Have you got proof that's what it is? My bet is on some code that runs in the background somewhere...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 7:16 pm
Wouldn't it be easier to change the color of a cell using "conditional formatting"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 7:14 pm
I absolutely agree that this type of formatting should probably be done in the GUI...
... but it's too damned much fun doing it in T-SQL :D:P;):w00t::hehe::)
Ian... I got carried away......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 6:43 pm
It seems to me that a bit of divide and conquer will make this run much faster... when you're all done, look for PatientID's that have a Parm of 5....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 5:21 pm
Ya know... you'd get a lot better help quicker if you did what the URL in my signature lines tells you to do... just a thought... 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 1:36 pm
zactly....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 1:32 pm
Ya do gotta be flexible... shoot... I even taught myself how to run plenum cable and make both Cat 3 and Cat 5 teminations... had to do it because I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 1:20 pm
Me too 😉 ... I know zippity-squat on the SSIS and the SSRS sides of the house... zippity-squat times 2 on the development studio. Like what's been already stated,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:38 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Tom... the standards are kinda long... most of them are really based on common sense and things that have actually gone wrong at my current company....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 10:00 am
I'm curious... why would you use UNION ALL or OR on such a thing?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:42 am
brkn eng dif 2 ustd abv b wrs plz stp ko? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:38 am
Nicely done, Mike. By the way, in SS 2k QA, press the {f4} key and see what comes up. 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 7:14 am
Thanks. I'll give this a whirl after work, today.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 6:57 am
"and, sorry, I almost forgot... there aren't any "fields" in a database, they're called "colums"" 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 6:30 am
vaidyanathan_kalyanasundaram (3/3/2008)
Hi,How do i improve the performance of this query:
select * from table where Month(datefield)='mm'??
If it were me in the interview and I was asked that question about that query,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 6:23 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,216 through 52,230 (of 59,098 total)