Viewing 15 posts - 52,201 through 52,215 (of 59,098 total)
Roy Ernest (3/3/2008)
Jeff Moden (3/3/2008)
I'm curious... why would you use UNION ALL or OR on such a thing?
I believe the person wants to do the query based on the year...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:31 am
It's certainly no Panacea, but the following article has some insight as to why you can have performance problems with some UDF's in the SELECT list...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/articles/Test+Data/61572/
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:29 am
Heh... it's only fitting, Jack. I stayed up too late to write it 😛
Thanks for both the feedback and the tip on the PDF stuff... I really appreciate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:26 am
Ed is correct... and I go one further... what are the growth setting for your databases... I'm interested in all of the databases but I'm particularly interested in the growth...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:21 am
Not a problem... First, it can't be done in a view because of the temp table.
I'm not really using any form of recurrsion... I only stuff that meets the first...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:18 am
Muhammad Furqan (3/4/2008)
?????????????????
Whats the alternative then?
because alternative people over here are mentioning are not working for me.
"EXEC @sql;" doesnt work in a UDF and if put in a stored...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:12 am
ST! Man, good to see you're still around! I thought you dropped off the face of the planet.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 4, 2008 at 6:06 am
Oh yeah... I almost forgot... the CLUSTERED INDEX (PK in this case) is absolutely essential. Normally, I'd name the key in the FROM clause using a WITH(INDEX(indexname,TABLOCKX)) hint to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:54 pm
It's actually in Books Online under UPDATE...
Syntax
UPDATE
{
table_name WITH ( ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:51 pm
I have a really unique method of getting developers to follow the standards... I take them out to dinner and feed them nice juicy pork chops... with a slingshot! ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:42 pm
salinasalina2001 (3/2/2008)
i need to quote my columns into strings like
'"'+cast(columnname as data type())+'"' so that if the column name is FristName
to be displayed in notepad as "FirstName" ie...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:24 pm
This is the second time I've seen this and I don't know how folks are doing it... I don't know how or why it says "Discuss Content Posted By Jeff...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:22 pm
The code I posted before works fine on the data you posted before 😉 This new problem description is just a wee bit different...
... this will do it... lightning...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 8:10 pm
timothyawiseman (3/3/2008)
ksullivan (3/3/2008)
Do you mean to check if the string can become a table name or to check that a table with name = string exists?
I am trying to check...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 7:28 pm
And, because of the way it sounds like you're doing things, it could also be when Auto-grow runs... especially on your TempDB. Preset TempDB big enough so it NEVER...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 7:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,201 through 52,215 (of 59,098 total)