Viewing 15 posts - 52,231 through 52,245 (of 59,098 total)
I'm anal about formatting and embedded documentation. I imposed rigid formatting requirements on all the developers in the form of publicised SQL Standards. Everyone knows what I expect...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 1:00 am
Perfect. Thanks Dan... you won't spend the time in vain.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:08 am
Actually, you hit the nail on the head, Steve... there should be a database for utilitlity functions of this nature. I suggest the name of UTILITY? 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:06 am
I'm cynical as well... but the very thought of making a database engine that truly responds to the columnar nature of an RDBMS is thought provoking and intriging, at the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:04 am
Heh... or maybe, Jeff? 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:02 am
Don't sell yourself short, Lynn... your a humble man that knows more than you think. Sounds wierd, but maintain the humility with pride. I would honor the chance...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 3, 2008 at 12:00 am
GF (3/2/2008)
this topic is almost what I am in need of. I have looked at Jeff's Code and I see the potential but I am a bit confused as...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 11:51 pm
noeld (3/10/2006)
For some things, you don't need the tally table
SELECT SentenceID,
datalength(Left(' '+y.Sentence+' ', N)) - datalength(replace(Left(' '+y.Sentence+' ', N), ' ', ''))InSentenceNo,
SUBSTRING(' '+y.Sentence+' ',N+1,CHARINDEX('...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 11:47 pm
Carl E. Campbell (3/10/2006)
I'm starting to get the hang of using these tally tables, but I'm a little foggy on the sequence of events (my experience up 'till now is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 11:45 pm
Take a look at the URL in my signature line... it'll show you how to post some data so we can play with the same data as you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 9:26 am
The problem is, that YOU don't own Master... Microsoft does. They can put or remove anything they like, including code that doesn't belong to them, during any service pack...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 9:25 am
You need to double up on the embedded single quotes...
xp_cmdshell 'bcp "select CUSTOMER_ID,Email1 from R4W_001.dbo.SYSCUST_AUDIT where Email1=''abc@sarasu.com''" queryout "C:\SoundPub\EmailList\durga2.csv" -T -c'
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 2, 2008 at 9:17 am
Heh... considering that it's been over two weeks, I guess you do mind.
Thanks, anyway 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2008 at 10:42 pm
Heh... this is where I cheat like hell... everything is possible if you have the imagination for it... remember, before you can think outside the box, you must first realize...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2008 at 10:31 pm
Any feedback on this? Did it do what you wanted?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 1, 2008 at 10:18 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 52,231 through 52,245 (of 59,098 total)