Viewing 15 posts - 52,096 through 52,110 (of 59,098 total)
Heh... WELLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!
I'm pretty sure all you need is one select per column per table. It there where some rhyme or reason to the table names you
wanted to attack, we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 6:03 am
Grant Fritchey (3/5/2008)
What this is doing is using the temp table in place of a join or joins. That's bad.
Ummm... I gotta say, "Not always". I've used temp...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 5:17 am
Nicely done... there are a couple of things I do exactly the opposite of you, but if I were working in your shop, the rules you wrote are pretty easy...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 5:07 am
Ok...when a shopper logs in, what are the key field(s) that are looked at in the "old" table? Also, how long is it currently taking to validate the shopper?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:52 am
Thats one of the better ideas, Ralph. It takes 25 ms duration, 15 ms CPU time, and 214 logical reads.
The update method I showed, as long as it looks,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:47 am
My thoughts, exactly... next question would be... when is VARCHAR(MAX) in an "in row" condition? I'm thinking the answer, unlike the TEXT datatype can be forced to be, is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:33 am
Well... maybe a little evil 🙂 It is a good "tie breaker" question.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:31 am
That's what "index tuning" is all about... getting the columns in the correct order to produce an Index Seek. Nice job.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:20 am
You would use a cursor and while loop instead of a set based solution?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:18 am
Whew. Ok... just wanted to make sure.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:15 am
Jack Corbett (3/5/2008)
I don't need to intimidate my code, I always do it the best way the first time;)
Mr. Corbett... keep that up an I may have to find some...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:15 am
Heh... maybe so but I like that attitude. Why is there always enough time to do it again but never enough time to do it right the first time?...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:13 am
newbie (3/5/2008)
As stated previously, my bulk insert sp inserts records into a table from a txt file....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:12 am
Ok, you guys... be nice...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:10 am
Michaell (3/5/2008)
Would it be the time itself is pretty much an unique value already?So it don't produce a good index on it?
Absolutely not... the more unique a value it is,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 6, 2008 at 4:07 am
Viewing 15 posts - 52,096 through 52,110 (of 59,098 total)