Viewing 15 posts - 51,706 through 51,720 (of 59,098 total)
Which one of the many links posted is that? And why does he say not to use Bulk Insert/BCP anymore?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 6:29 am
Whatever... I just think this is wrong on so many levels.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 6:22 am
rbarryyoung (3/15/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 6:05 am
Anirban Paul (3/18/2008)
Thanks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 5:38 am
FULL OUTER JOIN with null detectors on both tables.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:29 pm
Don't store formatting symbols in the database. The only thing they're good for is display... you'd have to strip them out of most file transfers and reporting and GUI...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:27 pm
Thanks for posting the solution, Virgil...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:10 pm
GSquared (3/17/2008)
I haven't tested this enough to be sure, but it should work:
Absolutely the right idea with the numbers table, Gus 🙂 but you don't need the CTE or a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:07 pm
Use BCP for this... and use OSQL instead of ISQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 4:16 pm
Use the SELECT along with INTO to create a table. Use sp_SpaceUsed to see how big the table is.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 4:12 pm
kaiitong (3/17/2008)
I'm really appreciate your concern about me. Not to make an excuse. I've really tried on many way. I looked up in the books, searched on the internet...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 3:57 pm
Marios Philippopoulos (3/17/2008)
And to think I did that for fun! 🙂
I miss the old brute force days... they were much more "fun" 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:37 am
Thanks, Steve! Between that and the fact that you guys fixed the copy/paste formatting problems in the code window and the normal text area, I can spend a whole...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:33 am
I always worry about these types of things because I've interviewed a lot of people to be SQL Developers... a lot of them fail such simple questions because they were...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:29 am
heh... and I have a special batch of porkchops on the next one 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:18 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,706 through 51,720 (of 59,098 total)