Viewing 15 posts - 51,721 through 51,735 (of 59,098 total)
Marios Philippopoulos (3/17/2008)
I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:16 am
Trader Sam (3/17/2008)
biscuit (3/17/2008)
Sorry for the flub.
Don't worry about it ... we all have our moments. That's why it helps having so many sets of eyes on here...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:11 am
Mixed bag, actually... some of it is from ShoGun...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 11:08 am
Heh... "Always look eye, Angisan..."
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 10:50 am
Let me ask it a slightly different way... could the content of the staging table be used to replace 100% of the final destination table in production?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 8:43 am
I am trying to replicate a stage table to a production table (the two tables are identical).
You're still not telling the whole story here... you already said the staging...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 8:40 am
I don't have 2k5 at work... I'll have to wait until tonight to find out what's happening. Could you send the output you're getting so we can do a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 8:37 am
Yes... transaction log builds up... previous code tried to do it all at once and didn't let anyone else in... etc, etc. The crawler I suggest will avoid all...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 7:11 am
biscuit (3/17/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 7:08 am
Doesn't WriteText only affect one row?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:58 am
I'm pretty sure that you haven't tried my code... give it a try... it's designed to avoid the very problem you mention.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:56 am
There's a back door that works in 2000, but the same method fails a permissions test in 2k5. Haven't found a way around it yet...
Funny how things are... I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:54 am
Balmukund Lakhani (3/17/2008)
I would repeat your answer "NO" 😀
Thanks... I was hoping that maybe I missed a trick... I'm fairly new to 2k5 and don't yet know all the "secrets"....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:40 am
Yeah... I was thinking about the sp_ thing... maybe use it to create a temp table and use it as if it were a view.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:35 am
Alright... sorry... thought the million rows was the whole table.
You need to build an update crawler for this, especially if the table is an "online" table being accessed by others....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 17, 2008 at 6:33 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,721 through 51,735 (of 59,098 total)