Viewing 15 posts - 51,691 through 51,705 (of 59,098 total)
swathichilukuri85 (3/18/2008)
thank u jeffcan u provide me the script
The others are correct... We can't write a script for your tables because you haven't posted them or any sample data....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 11:32 am
Both are nothing more than "in-line" views... views can use indexes just like any query can. Same goes for CTE's and Derived tables... "Have Index, Will Compute". 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 11:20 am
I've had a great many similar experiences especially with poor performance due to Table Variable usage. If you add in the fact that TempTables persist in Query Analyzer whereas...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 10:58 am
If you really want technical... scroll back up to the early stages of this thread and look at the URL I recommended... :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 10:25 am
srienstr (3/18/2008)
I'll stick to indexed temp tables for self-links then. (The base table used in this process has around 300k rows)
If the underlying tables are correctly indexed, the CTE...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 10:22 am
But I want my Easter Eggs NOW!!! Where's my porkchops? 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:45 am
Tao Klerks (3/18/2008)
I don't think I agree about the clarity of using CTEs for derived tables, but I guess that might be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:37 am
To me, CTE's have the advantage of Derived Tables because you can reference them many times in the same query at different levels in the query whereas a Derived table...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:24 am
Gosh... ya gotta wonder, though... seems like the VarDecimal datatype option has a pretty limited application... you'd think they'd have spent more time on something important like getting SUM() OVER()...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:08 am
Sorry Gus... I actually didn't mean it that way (better)... I just meant it's different and you don't need the CTE if you don't want it. They both run...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 8:03 am
Matt Miller (3/18/2008)
I just came across this -
http://weblogs.sqlteam.com/mladenp/archive/2006/11/10/19546.aspx
It does seem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 7:48 am
Heh... well I'll be... I found it...
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb326653.aspx
... learn something new every day...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 7:38 am
VARDECIMAL OPTION? Where did you find that? I can't even find it in Books Online... Is it a database setting or ???
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 7:35 am
Sounds like another "Sr. Project".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 6:48 am
Doing my morning article "skimming" and saw this one. In the "Conclusion" it's stated "This way I avoid using a GROUP BY "... and the example right above it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 18, 2008 at 6:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,691 through 51,705 (of 59,098 total)