Viewing 15 posts - 51,571 through 51,585 (of 59,098 total)
A better question would be... what is it that you're actually trying to do using OLE Automation?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2008 at 2:42 pm
I agree with Matt and Barry... a permanent date table would be much faster than any other method. Lot's more convenient, too, because all the dates are always available....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2008 at 2:27 pm
ace (3/22/2008)
I appreciate...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2008 at 2:01 pm
Thanks... lots of folks don't know when I'm joking or not...
On the serious side, the really neat thing about the Developer's edition is that every developer can have it on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2008 at 12:07 pm
If you're gonna use a compare tool to promote from Dev to Prod, you might as well just give the developers full access to Prod... unless you do a code...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2008 at 11:08 am
If you would take the data you originally posted and put it and a simple table definition into the form that Lynn asked you to, that would be great 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2008 at 10:20 am
ksullivan (3/22/2008)
There is no need to include upper() in the where clause. TSQL is not case sensitive.
Not quite true... the default is to setup SQL Server so that it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2008 at 10:14 am
With the information provided, all I can say is did you remember to hit the "Run SQL Faster"? 😀
Seriously, though... we need a bit more information. First, 30,000 rows...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 22, 2008 at 9:36 am
Yan Gao (1/9/2008)
Jeff Moden (1/4/2008)
How did it help? What was the problem?I had the file open. Once I closed it, it imported fine...:)
Heh... I had the same problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 5:54 pm
Ah... I see... No big difference there... Use IF on SQL Server... just like you can in Oracle in this "case" 😀
It sounds like you're worried a bit about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 9:46 am
Regardless of what the cause of the deadlock is, I guarantee it's going to be code that has a BEGIN TRAN/COMMIT in it... unless someone went nuts using that everywhere,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 9:41 am
Utsab Chattopadhyay (3/20/2008)
Many thanks in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 9:36 am
Sure... understood... but you want to create an auto-increment column, as well as creating a table. That's not the same between RDBMS's... for example, Oracle doesn't even allow for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 9:18 am
Thanks for the feedback, Selena... I've made the same mistake many a time. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 21, 2008 at 9:00 am
"The difficult can be done immediately, the impossible takes a little longer." — Army Corp. of Engineers
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 20, 2008 at 9:21 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,571 through 51,585 (of 59,098 total)