Viewing 15 posts - 51,556 through 51,570 (of 59,098 total)
Matt's code is functionally perfect and identical in performance (< 15 seconds total duration) to the following code... the only difference is the following code uses a single CTE for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 10:42 pm
The following URL seems to have the information necessary...
http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1175067&SiteId=1
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 9:00 pm
I agree about SQLCompare by RedGate...
However, you have to ask why you want to do this. I find the typical application is to find the differences between a Development...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 8:34 pm
Something else to be keenly aware of... many databases have views that have no indication in the name that they are, in fact, views... see if the "cc_message" table is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 8:31 pm
tymberwyld (3/24/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 8:17 pm
Nope... here's the example from BOL... and, I've tested it... works fine... and despite what it says about schema.ini, you don't need it for comma delimited files.
H. Use the Microsoft...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:46 pm
Heh... nothing to report on... that's "Cohen's Law". Cohen is the brother of Murphy and he states that "The more time you spend on reporting, the less time you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:42 pm
While we're on the subject...
Thanks to all the folks in the military keeping all of us safe or keeping those that can't defend themselves safe... think of all the birthdays,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:34 pm
Yeaup... version control is a good thing even if you're the only one doing everything. It's saved my hiney a couple of times...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:23 pm
Maybe it's just me... but, in most cases, I find that "Business Intelligence" is an oxy-moron with emphasis on the word "moron" 😉 ...
I worked for a Fortune 100...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 6:30 am
Part I is a good (possibly too brief) introduction to EAV's 😉 Like the other's I'm looking forward to Part II.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 6:03 am
Nice short to-the-point article on some very useful information... thanks!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:56 am
There are several system functions to help you in the area of user names...
USER
USER_ID()
USER_NAME() -- Same as CURRENT_USER
SESSION_USER
SYSTEM_USER -- Probably the one you're looking for.
Using the @@SPID system...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:50 am
Great description, Pcplayer... that one is a bit out of scope for things I've done, but between the description and the error messages you've shown, someone is bound to help......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 24, 2008 at 5:39 am
molecule_kaab (3/23/2008)
I wonder that if I use TRIGGER, can it tell which field is modified.
I want to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 23, 2008 at 2:59 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,556 through 51,570 (of 59,098 total)