Viewing 15 posts - 51,451 through 51,465 (of 59,098 total)
Marios Philippopoulos (3/25/2008)
I want to replace the xp_cmdshell call with a call to a CLR sproc...
WHY??? A proxy account for xp_CmdShell will be much more secure than some adhoc...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 6:49 pm
Pho...
Sorry... I didn't understand your problem before.
Barry is absolutely spot on in his post above... two sets of tables and a view that is repointed (very much like...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 6:38 pm
Pretty darned good post, yourself, Barry.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 6:32 pm
pho (3/28/2008)
noone any idea?...
Yes... take the delay out and remove the transaction. The data will be available instantaneously and everyone will be happy. 😛
There's gotta be more to this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 1:38 pm
Heh... yeah... I don't like recursion for the same reason you do... I end up sucking my thumb and twiddling my hair when I'm trying to troubleshoot one that doesn't...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 1:06 pm
Yeaup... I normally do too. I think the difference between 2k and 2k5 might be that 2k is identifying how the first row is found and 2k5 is identifying...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 11:16 am
Robert (3/29/2008)
In money calculations you shouldn't use float.
Again... right with you until you said that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 11:07 am
blahknow (3/29/2008)
Using XML is a satisfactory resolution for me.
There could of course be better solutions which are above my present comprehension and i admit i didnt understand all the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 10:58 am
rbarryyoung (3/29/2008)
Here is my Adventureworks version. It seems to be faster than the Tally Table approach, but I am not sure if they are returning equivalent datasets:
Thanks Barry... I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 10:27 am
Cory Ellingson (3/29/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 9:07 am
Mike C (3/28/2008)
Jeff Moden (3/28/2008)
Mike C (3/28/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 11:15 pm
Ignacio A. Salom Rangel (3/28/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 11:09 pm
Robert (3/28/2008)
So, views are preferable for several reasons:
- they're highly portable
- they're simpler
- server can better optimize query based on view as view...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 10:51 pm
rbarryyoung (3/28/2008)
Jeff Moden (3/28/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 10:13 pm
Cory Ellingson (3/28/2008)
WOOHOO!! I got a "Mighty Close" by Mr Jeff M himself! Thanks!
Gosh, I'm really sorry Cory... I didn't mean to offend...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 9:33 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,451 through 51,465 (of 59,098 total)