Viewing 15 posts - 51,466 through 51,480 (of 59,098 total)
Cory Ellingson (3/28/2008)
WITH TEST_CTE_Insert (...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 8:48 pm
Robert (3/28/2008)
Numeric is decimal, so it must be used whenever accuracy matters.
I was with you all the way up until you said that...
If you do cascaded conversions like this, what...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 7:20 pm
kaspencer (3/28/2008)
Sorry, but because I couldn't read your post while writing my reply, I forgot to add my third point:
By the way, if you scroll down when constructing a reply,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 6:13 pm
Ok... it's all semantics... I call zero "nothing" and an empty string "nothing" and I say "Null is NOT nothing". You say Null is nothing. I disagree, but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 6:09 pm
You bet... and thanks for the great feedback!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 6:01 pm
Kevin Durham (3/28/2008)
You confirmed what I feared was true from what I had read elsewhere. If REAL only holds 7 digits, and the other 15 are lost, I have...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 5:45 pm
David Naples (3/27/2008)
Have fun with THIS.
Pleasant surprise... there's even some documentation in the code... thanks David.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 5:26 pm
Ignacio A. Salom Rangel (3/27/2008)
I think that you should Really consider using third party tools.
Don't leave us hanging... spit it out.. WHICH 3rd party tools would you recommend?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 5:20 pm
Mike C (3/28/2008)
I get a clustered index scan when I run your code. The optimizer expands it out to RowNum <> 1 AND RowNum <> 2 AND RowNum <> 3.
Hmmm......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 5:06 pm
blahknow (3/26/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 5:00 pm
dfalso (3/28/2008)
Jeff Moden (3/28/2008)
Any code to go along with this "FWIW"? 😉What, you want answers too? 🙂
Heh... no... just wanted to know if I was gonna have to write some......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 4:54 pm
Gregg Walker (3/28/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 1:40 pm
Jim Russell (3/28/2008)
Since nulls will group together in a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 1:37 pm
kaspencer (3/28/2008)
However, I do not consider the NULL to be "missing data". The NULL must simply be considered as either "no value", or "value not [yet] assigned".
Heh... what the heck...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 1:35 pm
Mike C (2/25/2006)
NULL is not a value...
Spot on! Hence the T-Shirt that says "NULL Is NOT Nothing!" 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 28, 2008 at 1:31 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,466 through 51,480 (of 59,098 total)