Viewing 15 posts - 51,436 through 51,450 (of 59,098 total)
Anirban Paul (3/27/2008)
I am late to join this discussion. Did you explore this library http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms177673.aspx
It is a mine for T-SQL statements. I think most of your queries should be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2008 at 5:11 pm
π
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2008 at 5:02 pm
I've got news for you Cory... getting the Bachelor's degree didn't make those guys smarter about SQL Server nor did it get them their jobs. A well written resume...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2008 at 9:57 am
Todd Engen (3/30/2008)
Both of those can be addressed by a CLR stored procedure.
No... not in this case... not when the CLR does what the OP requested which is to basically...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 30, 2008 at 9:07 am
I'm not really trying to discourage anyone from getting a degree... but consider this...
Against my wishes, the company hired a guy who had a PHd in Mathematics as the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 11:24 pm
Before you even think of spending the 20 to 30 thousand dollars to get a Bachelor's degree...
Why do you feel like the "green guy"? Why do you feel...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 11:08 pm
Why not just post the problem(s) and see what you can get for nothing on this forum? Maybe people will even bid for the "job". π
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 10:43 pm
Well said. I especially like the two rules because, if you substitute the word "RBAR" for "Cursor", I use them all the time in a slightly different manner...
I. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 10:41 pm
... and, as we both noticed, it's been fun, too boot! Thanks, Matt.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 10:37 pm
M Chabot (3/28/2008)
...but the task fails if someone adds a new database to the server and doesnβt make a full backup before the maintenance plan runs...
Hi Mike...
Not the answer that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 8:19 pm
mostar5 (3/29/2008)
Hi, I need help on one or possibly more SPs. Please email me at mostar5@yahoo.com.
How much are you paying for the private consultation you're asking for? π
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 8:06 pm
Exceptional DBAs are not just defined by what they know, but what they do. I guess we all know roughly how a good DBA would react if a server is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 7:57 pm
I agree... Use IF UPDATE(somecolumn) instead of trying to setup the byte slicing of COLUMNS_UPDATED.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 7:08 pm
Ummm... I don't get it... if you have a WAN amongst all of the offices and you're required to report on all the offices, why don't you have a centralized...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 6:59 pm
Sorry folks... I actually deleted my post (Jack caught a piece of it in his reply) because I was on more of a rant about performance than why to use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
March 29, 2008 at 6:52 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,436 through 51,450 (of 59,098 total)