Viewing 15 posts - 51,316 through 51,330 (of 59,098 total)
No... just leave it like the other million or so posts. It's a resource that others can search on. Your post and it's answers might help someone else...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:12 am
Heh... you certainly did.
I'm mostly a data troll, so I don't really know... but my gut tells me that SQL Server probably shouldn't be calling a Web Service... maybe the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:09 am
Thanks, Jason... I'm still a newbie when it comes to 2k5.
Hey, Matt... why is on the fly bad for this?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:04 am
Rags (4/1/2008)
Jeff - Like I just said to J, I'm always up for learning new ways of doing...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 2, 2008 at 8:01 am
Temp Tables are created in the SQL Server TEMPDB database and therefore require more IO resources and locking. Table Variables and Derived Tables are created in memory.
Nice try on...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 11:06 pm
Thanks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:46 pm
Would you please read what I said more carefully? The code I wrote does your split the way you want it... the load stuff was just a suggestion to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:43 pm
Thank you, Matt! You beat me to it!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:41 pm
... and then do a searh'n'replace to kill the brackets, if you'd like.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:37 pm
Where you want to start is the last code I posted... it will do the job.
The whole thing is that I wonder how the data got into the parameters column...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:33 pm
GSquared (4/1/2008)
select dateadd(month, 1, cast(enddate + '01' as datetime)) - 1
from dbo.sasimp
Should give you what you need. If it gives you an error about converting enddate to varchar, try...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:23 pm
BULK INSERT is absolutely the fastest... but I don't believe that it supports importing Excel Spreadsheets.
Even if it did, if someone has the spreadsheet open, SQL Server will not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:12 pm
Antonio...
When you say ".RDL", are you talking about a "CLR"?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:11 pm
This is actually very similar to the classic "paging problem"... I'll see if I can whip up an example tomorrow (today actually... it's after midnight here) ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:08 pm
lalonacademy,
I'm not sure how you got the data into the table, but consider this... BULK INSERT with a format file to handle your strange delimiters will load 5.1 MILLION 20...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 10:00 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,316 through 51,330 (of 59,098 total)