Viewing 15 posts - 51,331 through 51,345 (of 59,098 total)
Ok... here's my entry for the virtual beer...
1 million rows... half are the first row and half are the second row that the Op posted. My goal was to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 9:56 pm
Thanks guys... I knew it had to be something simple :blush:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 9:20 pm
antonio.collins (4/1/2008)
sounds like a challenge to me! winner buys a round of beer for everyone?
Sure, I'm good for a virtual beer and pretzels... Million rows ok with you? 🙂
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 7:37 pm
lalonacademy (4/1/2008)
I have a text (words separated by the symbol '&' (symbol ampersand). I need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 7:36 pm
Heh... I love it... someone gave me the ultra low mark of 1 star and didn't even have the nerve to tell me why.
Would it help if I told you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 7:26 pm
Thanks, Antonio...
While I agree that the XML concatenation method is very fast, I've found that the XLM parsing method is a bit slow compared to a Tally Table or cteTally...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 6:59 pm
Just checking to be sure... do all the rows have exactly the same number of "fields" and all the rows are always in the same basic format?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 6:44 pm
Gosh, I hate the idea of replacing one form of recursion with another, but the recursive CTE will at least handle a set even if it is hidden RBAR.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 4:50 pm
GSquared (4/1/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 4:44 pm
Heh... you can tell I've watched way too many info-mercials! 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 4:29 pm
Harveysburger (4/1/2008)
Would this affect anyone's conclusion on the design?
No... disparate transaction types should live in their own tables. Rules of normalization such as no duplicates and no nulls should...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 4:13 pm
SQLZ (4/1/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/1/2008)
Ah ha! Finally! A challenge! If you would, post the resulting table creation script so I can duplicate what you have... the race is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 3:49 pm
matt stockham (4/1/2008)
This is very true ... except the stepping process should be done client side using the results of a set-based query.
Absolutely spot on!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 3:48 pm
GSquared (4/1/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 3:43 pm
gr8scott_o (4/1/2008)
Seriously, I would pay $40 for this... problem is my snoring would probably give me away.
But wait! Don't order yet! If you're one of the next...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 1, 2008 at 2:50 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,331 through 51,345 (of 59,098 total)