Viewing 15 posts - 51,001 through 51,015 (of 59,098 total)
It's because you likely did not make a "firehose" (FAST FORWARD) cursor. The real key is, what did you write and why aren't you using set based instead of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2008 at 12:02 am
COUNT()
GROUP BY
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 23, 2008 at 12:00 am
You can just put the data in a table with the IDENTITY in forward order and the select in reverse order. Or, you could select using ROW_NUMBER OVER(ORDER BY).
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 11:59 pm
Mahesh Bote (4/22/2008)
Jeremy (4/22/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 11:56 pm
Thanks... I'll use Gus', then. I'll also throw in the dog/cat thing.
Just in some preliminary testing on 4Meg rows, I've found that the SET STATISTICS TIME ON command really...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 10:34 pm
Never mind... I got it from one of the posts above... just to make sure, you're using this from one of Gus' posts?
create table NumberClean (
Number bigint,
Clean varchar(100))
go
set nocount on
set...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 8:17 pm
So, in the million and 4 million row tests, what does your table and data look like? Are you just making a table with a Primary Key and a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:43 pm
Thank you for the compliment, Chirag... but you're giving me too much credit. The key phrase was "consumes the larger part of a 60 GB drive. There are...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:30 pm
Sorry Martin, I'm going to have to bow out... I don't know much about the reporting tools.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:17 pm
Ok, so just write the function and use it in that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:11 pm
mailsar (4/22/2008)
When i logged on to SQL server central, there were different groups. I was confused into which group shud i post this question. I found 2 groups which...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:08 pm
mailsar (4/21/2008)
GSquared,U really made me think. Yep i do agree with you on storing the entire record in XML is a good idea.
Think a bit more... if...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 7:00 pm
Then, you need to trace the source to the root cause.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 6:49 pm
GSquared (4/22/2008)
I would definitely avoid that "speed at all cost" methodology.
Heh... then why have you posted so much on this thread about speed? 😉 The real answer is that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 6:41 pm
Yes, you can include the last ELSE with a function. I wanted you to post the CREATE TABLE statement so I could build something to it to show you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 22, 2008 at 6:41 am
Viewing 15 posts - 51,001 through 51,015 (of 59,098 total)