Viewing 15 posts - 51,016 through 51,030 (of 59,098 total)
DB2 date/times are much different than SQL Server (if memory serves me)... I believe they're based on something like the number of seconds since midnight 1970-01-01. You will need...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:55 pm
It's really a PITA when folks double post... have a little forum courtesy, please.
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic487503-338-1.aspx
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:41 pm
mailsar (4/21/2008)
Yep i do agree with you on storing the entire record in XML is a good idea
Gooed! Hope you don't mind your audit table being 16 times the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:39 pm
Sure... post the CREATE TABLE command where you want the calculated column.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:18 pm
Perfect... thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:15 pm
Calculated column would take care of it nicely...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:06 pm
...if you do it right, one follows the other.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 6:03 pm
Heh... I understand that COALESCE is more portable than ISNULL... that's one of the fortunate functions... I just wanted to make sure that someone didn't actually believe they could write...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:53 pm
What's in the TEXT column?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:49 am
Heh... no... I always try to use the method with the best performance instead of documenting why performance can suffer... it's part of my 3 rules of a DBA.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:43 am
Andrew Shaw (4/21/2008)
I need this value writing up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:39 am
ALZDBA (4/21/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/20/2008)
Here's why I say NOT to use ISNUMERIC as an "IsAllDigits" function...
Indeed, I forgot about the currency signs. :crying:
Thank you for providing the faulty example.
They'd better remove...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:36 am
Chris used the method I would have. Ryan's is also a viable solution.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 21, 2008 at 5:30 am
Sorry guys, I lost track of this one... what ended up winning the race on the 4 million row test? RegEx or one of the functions?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2008 at 10:33 pm
Kaushik Kumar (4/20/2008)
Nevermind, figured out the comma part.
Two way street here, Kaushik... how about telling us how you did that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 20, 2008 at 9:49 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 51,016 through 51,030 (of 59,098 total)