Viewing 15 posts - 50,866 through 50,880 (of 59,098 total)
Cool! (Sorry... no pun intended). You really got around! (Dang, did it again! :D)
It's a shame they retired the Sturgeon class... good, quiet, fast platform. The...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:33 pm
Couple of things...
First, 'DataBase_Version' does not exist in SysObjects unless you created a table or something called 'DataBase_Version'. What is 'DataBase_Version'????
Second, look at you IF statement in the dynamic...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:26 pm
And you actually believe in the myth of code portability? That'll only happen when no one creates their own extensions to the ANSI standards. 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:16 pm
But, it is a Tally table... it's used to count. And, besides... as you've already found out ol' friend... Tally is not likely to ever be a reserved word....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:05 pm
Jason Selburg (4/30/2008)
I wonder how many...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:00 pm
shamshudheen (4/2/2008)
Jeffthe query you posted is throwing error "Operand type clash: INT is incompatible with DATETIME "
Then, you're done something wrong... Int IS compatabible with DATETIME in SQL...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 6:52 pm
Heh... yeah... You're right and I agree... except I don't allow garbage names into the server. :hehe:
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 6:38 pm
Thanks, Steve... I'll take a look. One test is worth a thousand guesses...
I still like the ultimate power saver... turn it off when you're not using it. Not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:18 am
Thanks guys... I sure do appreciate your feedback.
I just got word that it's coming out on May the 7th.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:15 am
I agree, nothing beats experience...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:14 am
See the following URL... almost identical situation...
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic491969-149-1.aspx#bm492576
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:10 am
Mahesh Bote (4/30/2008)
... and, just to be sure, you can do INSERTs, UPDATEs, and DELETEs on Table Variables in a UDF... just not on external tables.
Jeff, I was talking about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:08 am
Yeah... I agree... if it's a return to the GUI, the comma separated list would probably be the way to go for the very reasons you stated. Thanks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:07 am
Steve Jones - Editor (4/30/2008)
On LCDs, all colors require energy, so Blackle doesn't really help, especially over time. It was...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:04 am
Adrian Nichols (4/30/2008)
Jeff,Here's a link to Googles Earth Hour effort....
http://www.google.co.uk/intl/en_uk/earthhour/
And this one's for the official blog saying that it may actually use more energy!
http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/is-black-new-green.html
Thanks, Adrian!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:00 am
Viewing 15 posts - 50,866 through 50,880 (of 59,098 total)