Viewing 15 posts - 50,851 through 50,865 (of 59,098 total)
You don't actually need a numbered column using the TOP (XX) methods... just need a good set of indexes and the correct "sort".
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 6:25 am
Ok... thanks... just trying to figure it all out... I think that's the last piece. I'll see what I can do tonight.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 6:18 am
Grant Fritchey (5/1/2008)
Oops. Modulo 3.:blush:
Heh... I've done the exact same thing... start thinking "Quarters", start writing "4's" 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 6:15 am
rbarryyoung (4/30/2008)
Jeff Moden (4/30/2008)
I'm curious... Why 4 months? That's a third of a year...
That's probabrly why, Jeff. I did some work for an insurance company several years ago...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 1, 2008 at 6:14 am
I'm curious... Why 4 months? That's a third of a year...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 10:53 pm
I found it... it's not as robust as I thought it was, but it does have several pieces of test code along with some reasons why some works better than...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 10:37 pm
Nice job, Lynn!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 10:22 pm
Like Michael said... can't be done unless you drop/recreate the table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:17 pm
Updating statistics can't be done in parallel... gotta be done after all the data is loaded.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 9:13 pm
If you were in charge of a project, would you tolerate a 5-6 second lag time even on millions of rows? Rhetorical question, for sure because I know you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 8:56 pm
Simple... Just like I said in the too short write up... I prefer the word "Tally" to "Number" 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 8:52 pm
luissantos (4/30/2008)
an also, i' am not understand very well the result of :ml.data >= dateadd(yyyy,datediff(yyyy,0,'20080101'),0) and ml.data< dateadd(yyyy,datediff(yyyy,0,'20080131') + 1,0)
Lynn... I'm thinking that one is all yours 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 8:09 pm
Yeah you can... insert a million rows at a time instead of all 80 million. Log won't grow but a bit on simple recovery.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:59 pm
If you really want some speed out of this, consider the following article (Grouped Running Total and Running Total sections), please... should be able to do 223,000 rows in about...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:50 pm
rbarryyoung (4/30/2008)
The first one is clearly older as it uses the deprecated SET ROWCOUNT XX (this should be changed to TOP XX...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
April 30, 2008 at 7:46 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 50,851 through 50,865 (of 59,098 total)