Viewing 15 posts - 50,686 through 50,700 (of 59,099 total)
Ian Crandell (5/8/2008)
As always an excellent, excellent article!:smooooth: I have always seen you use the tally table in your posts and you usually explain it, but this article provided...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:54 pm
David Jackson (5/8/2008)
Well done...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:40 pm
ALZDBA (5/8/2008)
I'm not worthy to even read this article, but I've been a bad boy and did just that. 😀 Mea culpa.
Clear, to the point, no rocket science involved, practical,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:38 pm
Hi Hugo,
Thanks for the feedback on both the "update" problem and the "bin stacking" problem. I'll be sure to post a solution if I come up with one.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:31 pm
p.s. Understood about the random seed... but if you want to generate the exact same test data every time, make a copy of the table.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 2:26 am
Hugo Kornelis (5/8/2008)
Jeff Moden (5/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 2:17 am
Oh no... Hugo! You're one of those folks that actually believes in the myth of code portability! :hehe:
You wrote the following in your blog...
SQL Server will happily update...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 2:14 am
Hugo Kornelis (5/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:43 am
jose (5/8/2008)
Amazing ... you really open my eyes, what a good article.Best wishes from Peru.
Thanks, Jose. Best wishes from the "U S of A"!
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:32 am
Anirban Paul (5/8/2008)
We had a discussion regarding this article couple of days back in another forum. I was waiting for this article. I have no words to praise this one....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:31 am
Eric Wilson (5/8/2008)
A "Tally" table (sorry Jeff) is a bad name though. It really should be just an "Integer" domain table.
Not a problem... a rose is a rose and I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:29 am
Sorry for the delay, Neil...
No, those don't look like the stats or system generated indexes I was expecting. I don't know on this one... my appologies.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:11 am
john pan (5/6/2008)
no not this piece of the code, but another sample I ran a qep for has a 9.1 million row table as an input into a select...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:07 am
jeff.williams3188 (5/7/2008)
HP EVA 5000
Disk Group 1 has 104 72GB/15K drives
Disk Group 2 has 24 300GB/10K drives
When I need a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 1:00 am
If it's truly a "file" and not just some passed parameter, I'd import it with Bulk Insert or BCP, instead. Dunno about others but I've been able to import...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:53 am
Viewing 15 posts - 50,686 through 50,700 (of 59,099 total)