Viewing 15 posts - 50,671 through 50,685 (of 59,099 total)
There's a couple of chances this might work... "Slim and None"... and Slim just left 😛
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 4:58 pm
Things like that can be real tough to determine... thanks for the feedback! I'll have to remember that.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 4:47 pm
Jon Russell (5/9/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 4:44 pm
ALZDBA (5/9/2008)
Jeff Moden (5/8/2008)
Hey! What kind of bike is in your avatar?
It's a 1995 Honda NTV650. (The little brother of the Pan European)
It's current evolution is known as "Deauville".
Quit...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 4:33 pm
srienstr (5/9/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 9:50 am
dfalso (5/9/2008)
I was also attempting to argue that there are other considerations to keep in mind than just performance when coding.
I agree... just not if the solution requires a cursor...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 9:27 am
srienstr (5/9/2008)
exec dbo.sp_msforeachtable 'delete test.dbo.[?]'
There's generally no need to do a delete without criteria, as truncate will perform better with less logging:
exec dbo.sp_msforeachtable 'truncate table test.dbo.[?]'
That said, I'm sure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 9:16 am
Steve Eckhart (5/9/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 8:44 am
karthikeyan (5/9/2008)
is it possible to create Tally table starting with 'Zero' ?
Ummm... you read the article... of course there is...
--===== Create and populate the Tally table on the fly
SELECT...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 9, 2008 at 12:31 am
But overall, the thing that I hated most in high school has become the thing I enjoy doing most of the time.
Funny you should say that... I hated it,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 10:53 pm
Ian Crandell (5/8/2008)
I have seen you use a tally table way too many times (this is not a bad thing ;)). When I saw the title to this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 8:20 pm
Gary Noter (5/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 8:09 pm
Wayne West (5/8/2008)
It was an excellent book for its time, needless to say it's rather dated. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:59 pm
GSquared (5/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:58 pm
creeds (5/8/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 7:56 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 50,671 through 50,685 (of 59,099 total)