Viewing 15 posts - 50,701 through 50,715 (of 59,099 total)
Peso (5/7/2008)
Michael, what if starttime and endtime is NOT on weekend as op wrote originally?Jeff, what if starttime AND endtime is ON weekend as op wrote originally?
Dunno.... I wrote the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:47 am
Cool... thanks for the feedback, Eric. Sounds like a great CLR! Any chance of twisting your arm into posting the source code for it?
Also... what did you use...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:41 am
Well, folks... I guess that's just about it for tonight. I'd also like to say thanks to...
Christopher Ford
David McKinney
humbleDBA
Cory Ellingson
Manie Verster
curbina
tbeadle
JJ B
... for...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:27 am
Matt Miller (5/7/2008)
What - only 12 useful tips? in a single article?:hehe:Stop it now - you're setting the bar too high for the rest of us....
(superlative as usual).....
Ah, my ol'...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:23 am
Kevin Kennedy (5/7/2008)
However... on the parameter split if parameter list happens to be exactually 8000 characters the substring in the select will fail. For example:
DECLARE @Parameter...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:18 am
Eric Wilson (5/7/2008)
I used an "Integers" table for years, but starting with 2005 found that CLR functions to stream out integers is better (faster and takes virtually no space...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 8, 2008 at 12:05 am
Wayne West (5/7/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 11:14 pm
Steve Rosenbach (5/7/2008)
Beautifully-written article about such a useful topic.
I've used a "dates" table for quite a while, and actually have a tally table in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 11:06 pm
RyanRandall (5/7/2008)
Mark (5/7/2008)
Jeff Marcus (5/7/2008)
If you are using SQL Server 2005 you can use ROW_NUMBER instead.
If you're not using SQL 2005, I guess you could simulate ROW_NUMBER like this...
declare @param...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 10:54 pm
Hugo Kornelis (5/7/2008)
buktseat (5/7/2008)
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 10:33 pm
GSquared (5/7/2008)
I've been using Numbers tables for a couple of years now, and I just keep finding more uses for them all the time.
Examples include:...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 10:30 pm
JohnG (5/7/2008)
As for performance testing of various techniques by anyone, I am continually amazed as to the incorrect methods for generating sample data.
Example (taken...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 10:26 pm
GSquared (5/7/2008)
Summary: While the CTE works, and is fast by any normal standard, the Numbers version is even faster, and requires...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 10:15 pm
GSquared (5/7/2008)
Just SP is fine (though I personally dislike the habit - as if anything other than a stored procedure might follow an EXEC keyword). It's SP_ (with an...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 9:59 pm
Carl Federl (5/7/2008)
There are advantages for having the Tally table include 0...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
May 7, 2008 at 9:55 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 50,701 through 50,715 (of 59,099 total)