Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 59,098 total)
Thank you, Steve. greatly appreciated!
Ah, be careful. He may not be correct here.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2021 at 2:50 pm
Hi Jeff.
your tally table approach to parsing is the best i've seen. i have a real world problem; wondering if you have any thoughts.
i need to parse a...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 11, 2021 at 2:49 pm
FWIW: This is not a end of the world scenario - this is a rarely used - 1 select every few minutes or so.
I just got curious when I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 7:46 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Grant. I am concerned. While I wouldn't expect such a thing to be "radical" in a test and development environment, seeing "some"...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 7:32 pm
Still not quite right. The MAX datatypes (LOBs) ARE actually allowed in RowStore indexes. They're allowed in INCLUDEs, just not as a key.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 4:08 pm
@vscurtis...
Still waiting to hear which version of SQL Server you're using.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 4:03 pm
First, what index level are you looking at in sys.dm_db_index_physical stats? If it's not level "0" and it's not "IN ROW DATA", you can mostly forget about it.
Before we move...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:46 pm
p.s. I contacted the Web Master to restore the post I accidentally hit "Report" on .
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:39 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Grant. I am concerned. While I wouldn't expect such a thing to be "radical" in a test and development environment, seeing "some" thrash and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:24 pm
"It Depends". If it also calls stuff in a RBAR fashion, then not really. Someone needs to define what it's supposed to do and then create a new stored procedure...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:19 pm
Crud. My apologies. I hit "report" on your last post by mistake and it doesn't provide an "are you sure question".
Anyway, you said...
It's coming from Table - Indexes - Reorganize....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:11 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Grant. I am concerned. While I wouldn't expect such a thing to be "radical" in a test and development environment, seeing "some" thrash and having be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 3:02 pm
So, the trigger has been in place, but has not fired. It's simple: On I/U/D, send me an email with the user_name().
I rebuilt the index on Friday morning, this...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 2:47 pm
Am i correct in assuming that you didn't actually identify the code that was causing the contention or, if you did, that you spent little time trying to figure out...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 5:57 am
Understood on the SSIS thing but the Op wasn't using SSIS. For that matter, I typically try to make it so that I never have to use SSIS...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
August 9, 2021 at 5:01 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,876 through 4,890 (of 59,098 total)