Viewing 15 posts - 4,651 through 4,665 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for the feedback, Dave.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2021 at 11:54 pm
Just as an update, please see the following presentation where I destroy the myth of Random GUID Fragmentation and pretty much waste what people have been using as supposed "Best...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 18, 2021 at 2:24 am
At $7K per core for such a license and the number of cores you have, you should spend a relatively tiny bit more and get yourself up to 512GB of...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Spot on, Grant. Especially with only 12GB of RAM available.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2021 at 8:16 pm
Ah... didn't see Mike post while I was typing. I also meant to say that once you're sure the code it produces is correct, change the PRINT @sql to EXEC...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2021 at 8:10 pm
As Grant suggests, the use of Dynamic SQL would be the ticket here. Use a pattern search (LIKE) on the names of stored procedures in the sys.procedures system view to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2021 at 8:08 pm
You should write a short article on the NULL/Empty String collision problem you pointed out to me. It's a great catch.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 17, 2021 at 2:18 am
Just in case anyone is interested in this script, the latest upgrade to the software on this site broke the link in the first post and it will take you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 10:47 pm
I have a table which is partitioned (Total 10). The table is 1.6 TB in size. Rebuild index on that is quite challenging, especially we have some resource constraints....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 10:30 pm
Just as a sidebar in personal frustration, XML never ceases to amaze me in its inefficiencies. The original XML in the original post occupies 244 characters. Even if you convert...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 10:24 pm
I'll also state that RegEx is serious overkill for the type of validations you've described. You certainly don't need CLR, either. The example the ratback provided above will work quite...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 9:47 pm
Thanks for the feedback, Mike. You're the second person I've heard of (I'm sure there are more that I haven't) that had the backups encrypted by ransomware. I think I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 5:20 am
Thanks for the info, Solomon.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 16, 2021 at 5:13 am
I don't know how to to what you ask but we backup all files when they're created and then again if they change. For us, there would be no problem...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2021 at 9:03 pm
I'm checking the latest file created in a folder, and if it's GT than 1K ... I'm going to do further processing..
Is this a correct way to check that?
Thanks.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 15, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,651 through 4,665 (of 59,098 total)