Viewing 15 posts - 4,576 through 4,590 (of 59,098 total)
p.s. I'm also the same as Grant... minding my own business and someone walks in and says I've got a week or two to learn SQL. Welcome to the Vini...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Hi everyone, I have a brother who just graduated with a programming major. And he seems lost in his own world so i’m here asking y’all where is the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 2:12 pm
Ok. There's a whole bunch of data in a whole bunch of tables that we have absolutely zero access to. With that in mind, the only problem I'm going to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 7:33 am
Heh... call the folks that are on the infrastructure team. They'll know.
Ha! Yeah, that was going to be my last resort. Since I recently inherited this server, I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 12:51 am
I figured it might be better than my BSOFH method which is to take the database offline and wait for the email. 😀
I thought that was accepted "Best...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 12:45 am
There is a serious problem with the "equivalent" code you wrote though. It's not "equivalent" in the results for the last 3 tests. The table code comes up...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 28, 2021 at 12:41 am
@ Jonathan,
I modified your code and comments a bit to provide an easier to read output on SQL Profiler. I also made each snippet write to a throwaway variable to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 4:54 pm
My belief is that you're doing this whole thing the wrong way. Have a look at how easy it can be at the following URL.
Depending on your reporting requirements,...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 3:25 pm
I figured it might be better than my BSOFH method which is to take the database offline and wait for the email. 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 3:01 pm
I've always considered the following article to be a must read on this subject.
https://www.itprotoday.com/sql-server/new-solution-packing-intervals-problem
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 11:47 am
The way we do it is that we don't check when was the last transaction, we put an extended event capturing anything that goes into the database and we...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 11:35 am
Thank you Jeff. Spot on. Thanks
Scott was the first to respond. 😉
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 11:16 am
Thank you very much Jeff. I noticed one thing if there is none changed in the latest month it is not showing any record for the month it would...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 10:35 am
Data output is for information what output columns expected etc. may not need to exactly match. but around.
Thank you much and apologize for the troublesome code
asiri
Just remember... If you...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 2:05 am
That was just one of the problems with the data v.s. what you wanted for the output.
Anyway, here's the code you need.
WITH cte AS
(
SELECT FileMonth...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 1:53 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,576 through 4,590 (of 59,098 total)