Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 59,098 total)
The latest version of the code works just fine now. I also took a look at your expected output. We don't need to create any code to know that your...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 1:12 am
You really need to actually try to run the code you posted before you post it. Heh... you even apparently ignored what I told you what was wrong with the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 27, 2021 at 12:01 am
Ok. That sounds like the only reason you're adding the GUID is to try to avoid fragmentation. By itself, that's probably not a good enough reason. And, again, there's no...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 11:54 pm
Not to mention "Y", "N", month names with no reference to a year and much more.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 11:05 pm
I definitely have an appreciation for the "old" days. I used to be able to read the holes on a Hollerith card and tell you what it said. 😀
So, thanks...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 10:11 pm
Call it what you want, using a GUID to "represent the PK" or vice versa makes no sense to me. Both columns are fixed width (unless you've done row or...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 9:59 pm
I really appreciate what you tried to do with the readily consumable data but it's broken. The table creation is broken and the table to be inserted into is not...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 9:50 pm
To be honest and with the understanding that I have no real good grip on what your processes require, I see no serious merit in having both the IDENTITY column...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 7:29 pm
So, they came up with a workaround as below.
- Introduced a new column as BIGINT column. - Made the bigint column as NOT NULL IDENTITY(1,1) with clustered...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 26, 2021 at 4:05 pm
meelan wrote:Hi Grant
Nice post and Thanks
By the way, what is your call sign?
KC1KCE
And thanks.
At home, apparently my call sign is "DINNER!" 😀
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 6:03 pm
On the "hoping" thing, that was just a bit of "before I had enough coffee" conversation. 😀
On Zidar's approach, and like I said in my response, the method that he...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 6:00 pm
Heh... call the folks that are on the infrastructure team. They'll know.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 4:29 am
Steve... you not a mentor for me that that doesn't stop you from being a hero of mine. You've kept this site going and inspired a whole world of mentors. ...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 4:27 am
Well. I am pretty sure that it is not due to recompile because it recompiles every time anyway as an old-asp-concatenated sql statement. But also I went the MAXDOP...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 3:05 am
Additionally, I am still strongly thinking about adding more files to TEMPDB. Because all the blockees choke on the tempdb latches.
I have found that's usually not the problem but...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
September 25, 2021 at 2:57 am
Viewing 15 posts - 4,591 through 4,605 (of 59,098 total)