Viewing 15 posts - 4,276 through 4,290 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for your feedback on what you've done. Can you provide expanded test data to demonstrate what you've done?
And, you've not avoided any joins like you said you wanted to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 8:31 pm
Hello SSC,
I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
I am using SQL 2017 and I have over 17 million rows that I have to UPDATE. Obviously I have to...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 8:26 pm
I wound up in a highly similar position implementing 'immediate fixes' and never able to get to long-term solutions to stop all the 'immediate fixes.' It forced me into...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 8:15 pm
I wound up in a highly similar position implementing 'immediate fixes' and never able to get to long-term solutions to stop all the 'immediate fixes.' It forced me into...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 8:06 pm
IMHO, "Most Reads" doesn't tell you anything other than a title possibly having a great amount of SEO. People could be opening an article and getting one sentence in and...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Jeff Moden wrote:The first to the check for is <insert drum roll here> are you using any monitoring software?
Yes i use monitoring and nxlog is part of the setup
So...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 8, 2021 at 4:38 pm
This is so wrong. Your company is trying to have you fix the wrong problem. The real problem is the source of the data...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 10:18 pm
This is so wrong. Your company is trying to have you fix the wrong problem. The real problem is the source of the data and THAT's...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 8:47 pm
Using the test data provided by the OP...
WITH cteWeekAgg AS
(
SELECT StaffID
,WeekStart = DATEADD(dd,DATEDIFF(dd,0,StartDatePeriod)/7*7,0)...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 8:27 pm
The first to the check for is <insert drum roll here> are you using any monitoring software?
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 7:42 pm
Hi, guys!
May be I'm missing something - but is there some more in detail search or filter mechanism for forum topics besides the general SCC search feature?
Kind regards! Sebastian
Yes......
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 7:26 pm
Hi ,I would like to split a given number into 3 numbers based on a percentage(98.6% , 1.2% and 0.2%) and round it to an integer value and the...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 7:24 pm
How many von/bis dates are you feeding this thing from the zugriff.dim_spell table? And how much (or little) memory do you have available on the SQL Server?
Also, I wish I...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 6:48 am
My apologies. I was on vacation last week (but got emergency calls for 17.5 hours of work) and have been slammed for the day. I've got commitments from now until...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 7, 2021 at 6:41 am
Hi Jeff,
the translation worked :-). I will test it on the large data set right away. The date format is just Excel being Excel where I prepared the demo....
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
December 6, 2021 at 4:32 pm
Viewing 15 posts - 4,276 through 4,290 (of 59,098 total)