Viewing 15 posts - 4,261 through 4,275 (of 59,098 total)
Thanks for taking the time to write this article, Kathi.
What's even worse than what you mention is that the quality of the "official" documentation has totally tanked as is frequently...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
why do other uses need to see who can login on a server? that is on its own a security risk and should not be...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
I have another question, I have data with space before square brackets and after sqaure brackets when i run below example 1 statement returning NULL. But in example 2...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
why do other uses need to see who can login on a server? that is on its own a security risk and should not be exposed by...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Scott's method is the method I'd use to extract the object name.
I do concern myself what the source of the name is an how it will be used later in...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
why do other uses need to see who can login on a server? that is on its own a security risk and should not be exposed by default.
If it...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Thanks for your hint! I used a calendar table and DENSE_RANK() as shown in the article to solve my problem. I appreciate your help very much.
To help others that...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Total SWAG on my part but NOT using parentheses for the "N" number is only allowed for SELECTs and they did that only for backward compatibility. The correct syntax is...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Thanks for sharing, I am very impressed with your post.
Smell that? {sniff}... smells like a prelude to SPAM.
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
If you missed that about CONCAT_WS, you may have missed another fantastic enhancement they came out with 2017. The TRIM function. Most people give it the "yawn" because they think...
--Jeff Moden
Change is inevitable... Change for the better is not.
Viewing 15 posts - 4,261 through 4,275 (of 59,098 total)